Barley broken in 2009 Raven....whats it worth?

ChasingSquid

That time has come....my wife and I have a brand new baby only a few weeks old and I think its time for the bike to go. I didnt even really get a chance to break her in...:mad:

Ive got a 2009 Raven with 900ish miles on it. Bike is in perfect condition, never been dropped or anything. Its got the first gen TBR exhaust on it and a Juicebox Pro. It's also got a CW Fender Eliminator and red wheel stripes. I got many complements on this bike while I rode it. Which wasnt much.

What do you guys think something like this is worth? I know there are newer bikes out now, but i was hoping to maybe get 4500-5k out of it since its still pretty unused and has some of the more popular upgrades. Still got the original exhaust that I'd sell w the bike, same with the original fender.

Thoughts from the pros?

bleedinblue

Elite Member

ChasingSquid

Sweet! That's what I was thinking also...

latony007

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4
LOL that's funny.

I would check your local craigs list and cycletrader in your area. I notice bikes can be in different price brackets depending on where you are.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

echoplex

I picked up my 2009 FZ6R here in Austin with 1400 miles for $4200 cash from a private seller.

I'd list yours at $5000 and then you play the Craigslist game, and hopefully you can walk away with $4500.

ChasingSquid

Thanks everyone - im sad to see her go! Hopefully by the time I decide to ride again, I can pick up another one cheap!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

ChasingSquid

Well it also doesnt help that its literally 2 degrees here in Chicago right now....

latony007

let us know what you get. I would be curious to find out. This your first child? In parenting class they tell you the dads tend to disappear a lot the first year, which I admit I did, so you might want to wait until year two before you sell it LOL

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

ChasingSquid

Yep, its our first child - so everything here is new!

The bike has an interesting background - I had a business partner who I rode with. We landed a huge deal so we went out and got bikes - I got the fz6r, he got a gladius. We rode on the weekends around the city but didnt really go on any long rides since i wasnt super comfortable at real high speeds just yet. Fast forward 1 year, I met a girl who is now my wife, and we couldnt really go on dates or to places on the bike, so it sat. I rode it around during the week for work, but i literally live 1 mile from my work, so i had to go out of my way to spend more than 5 minutes on it.

As for the rides with my business partner, the relationship ended up not working and he moved, along with his Gladius, so I had no one really to ride with. I went from Chicago to Lake Geneva a few times on it, which was fun, but i really just liked it for the convenience of the city and parking, not so much for the long rides - it also sucked having to carry everything in a backpack vs just throwing all my shit in the back of my grand cherokee or my wife's 3-series.

So thats the story - now we have a kid and 2 dogs, none of which can be transported on the bike (safely at least) so its time for it to go. It was my first bike, got me in to riding, and it certainly wont be my last.

Rockatansky

Yep, the ol' Chicago alley shot. What 'hood are you in / where did you ride? I'm in a two flat in Jeff Park. My tenant actually took his Softail out for a ride today; damn the slushy alley!

Any luck with the sale? I'm doing a lot of window shopping myself but haven't quite found the right bike/price.

Grumpy

I'm out by the air port and tried a few times to get a group ride going but no one seemed to bite. Wish ya the best with the new baby, you will be riding before you know it. ;)

ChasingSquid

Still tryin to sell. Have it listed along with a S&S Leather jacket, original exhaust and a few other extras on CL for 5k. Hoping to get it to move in the next few weeks.

If anyone here is interested, lemme know!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member