Bar Ends (install help)

CBanks2343

Hey all,

I bought some Bar Ends, but for the life of me, I can not get them installed. Of course they don't just "screw" in, but they came with 2 different size "rubber grommets" one thin and one thicker. My guess to install them was to just shove them in and then turn the built in screw, which I thought would "spread" the rubber grommets so they stuck right in place.

My probllem is, the thin ones will not expand enough to stay in right, and I can not fit the thick ones into them at all. I tried WD-40, rubber hammer, everything lol and I can't get those damn things in...

Anyone else installed any similar to this?

Before giving up, I'd try wrapping the small ones with some rubber electricians tape. Not the regular thin tape but you can get thicker rubber splicing tape that is stretchy and thicker

Before giving up, I'd try wrapping the small ones with some rubber electricians tape. Not the regular thin tape but you can get thicker rubber splicing tape that is stretchy and thicker

Yeah, that or even duct tape works. Or maybe a fuel or some other type of hose or something over the small one.

Back