Bar End Mirrors

nlpyle

So I just got done installing my bar end mirrors. The process was simple and only took me about 20 minutes. The mirrors I got were from Cycle Gear and only cost $35. I am posting pics but this is my first time posting pics ever so I hope I do it right. So I choose bar end mirrors cause I am 6'3'' 240lbs. I have a broad build up top and the stock mirrors only showed my shoulders and so I could not get around them with out taking my arm out of the way and just a mess and accident waiting to happen. So I would suggest now with these mirrors if you are a bigger guy like myself these are almost gold. I have not given them the ride test yet but as far as seeing around me in my riding position it is great. Not sure what else I can include to help the rest of you out that are thinking about bar end mirrors but hope this was some what helpful. You all have a wonderful night. Oh and for now I am leaving the stock ones on as well until I can find mirror caps to cap the holes where the stock ones are. So now i have four mirrors, thank can't hurt.

Nate

Attachments

porky45

i've been contemplating this for a while..the only reason I haven't gone with them is because when I split traffic they are the perfect height to hit every other cars mirrors on the road.

gearhead

I'd love to hear about a road test. Bar end mirrors appear to be the answer and they look great. I don't lane-split so that's not a concern for me. Thanks for the pics!

nlpyle

So I rode to work to night and they worked great. But remeber I am also I bigger guy. So the con side is that you do have to turn your head to look at the mirror instead of the stock where it is right in front of you. But the stock all I saw was my shoulders. So for me bar end mirrors are good. No vibrateing or moving around. Once you set it where you ned it just tighten them down. These are silver but if you want black cycle gear has black ones for 60 dollars I got silver for budget reasons. Now I just need to find mirror caps so I can remove the stock ones. Hope this was helpful for some.

nlpyle

Oh and for splitting lanes, well that is illegal in washington but it is only around four inches or so off each bar. Not sure how much clearence you need.

smerf

Oh and for splitting lanes, well that is illegal in washington but it is only around four inches or so off each bar. Not sure how much clearence you need.
in cali it is legal to lane share with a car (which usually ends up being lane splitting) and i have clipped two car mirrors with the stockies, just one reason i want to get rid of them

nlpyle

Ok, so here is the bike with no more stock mirrors. I have had these bar end mirrors for a while now and so far no issues. I can see perfectly around me and the bike. The only blind side that I have is right next to me but that is why I check my blind spot with my head. So me being a fella with broad shoulders these are a plus.

Attachments

pyrocpu

Looks great!

It's interesting, taking off the OEM mirrors and using these bar-end mirrors seem to make the bike appear lower and meaner...

Dunno why... <shrug>

ateb74

Question

I have tried the ZX6R mirrors, they do look good but I can not see anything but my arms and shoulders out of them. So I am going to try bar ends and I think they look good also and functional. My question is on the throttle side I clamped them around the tapered weighted bar end but when I put it back into the grip and tightened it it makes the throttle stick. So I unclamped it and put the bolt and expander in and tightened it and it fits fine but I would really like to have the bar end on. Is there anyway to clamp it on and tighten it without making the throttle stick?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member