bah! Power Commander Help

CraigEgg

Ok, installed it per instructions:

Bike runs terrible, no matter what map I use, including the stock map; the bike kills/stalls after I rev up. Idles real rough too, but like I say, it does it now that I am using the stock maps.

/shrug?

Thanks in advance,
CraigEgg

PS: Yes, I read and watched the videos on how to load/get and send maps.

Last edited:

CraigEgg

PS: just tried unhooking the PCV, and hooked up all the controls back to stock. Runs fine.

Put the PCV back on, checked the pins...no bueno. Runs terrible.

The Green throttle plug has only 5 pins, is this normal?

Does it matter mine is a 2011? The PCV says for 09-10.

MAN: that's the only descrepancy I can find, the green throttle plug on the PCV has 6 pins, the bike has 5 connections...

Anyone have a 2011 with a PCV (2009-2010) >?

Last edited:

Deanohh

Did the instructions say anything about setting the throttle position sensor? If that doesn't work, call the dyna tuna help desk . They are very good at walking you through stuff like making sure you have the latest firmware/software installed, setting the parameters for the bike , etc. I called them when I did my FZ1 and when I wasn't getting the indicators to work on the pc and with their help it came out perfect. took about 20 min.

Last edited:

CraigEgg

It registers on the laptop, shows value changes, etc....

I will call them tomorrow, I am afraid that pin is different for 11's even though their website says it fits the 2011.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CraigEgg

I'll get with you tomorrow... everything is on my other lap top at work. Maybe you need to throttle update... They should have figure it out by now???
You would think, PCV's website lists the 2011...idk...Afraid that 6th pin is the gremlin

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Deanohh

When you firmware update, I think you update the pc software first. If you already have the pc software latest version, then update the firmware on the PCV. If you get an error when updating the firmware, thats ok... just do it again and it will go a little bit farther... if you get anothere error message and it stops, just start the update again. I did mine 3 times before it went through all the way.... the rep on the phone said that is not unusual and is perfectly fine. Must be because it has always worked perfectly. As said before, you have to reset the throttle position as part of the PCV setup. Thats where you have the bike running,(the tech said that is so that you have full voltage in the system), click the set throttle position sensor menu item, then briefly grab the throttle, twist full open and twist back down to full closed.THis goes quickly, you dont have to hold the throttle open. just open/close stop to stop and you won't get crazy revs. After that the PCV knows where the throttle is.

Last edited:

CraigEgg

hrm. Well, I know I have the latest versions of the software and firmware. I checked inside the program.

The place I bought it had it sitting in a warehouse, in a different state. It looked brand new but...maybe there was a reason it was sitting in a warehouse in a different state :surrender: