backpack?

adidaskid810

my new 6r is going to be my daily commuter to school weather permitting, just wondering if any of you guys have sport bags or just regular bags? i like some of the bags made by alpinestars but the price isn't pretty.

any reccomendations?

cbzdel

I just use a hiking day pack.. lots of straps and higher cubic capacity than a standard back pack..

btastarsky

I've just been using the Playstation 3 bag that I got from my fiance when she bought me my system. It's got a bigger main section that any of my other back packs, and the sqaure shape works well with the gear I carry in it (usually my work radio).

phocoyote7

Funny you mention this, I was searching for bags till I was just frustrated with either options, price, or size. I was looking for a nice pack that would offer a decent amout of storage and not be so bulky. I spent $65 on a hydra pack that looked like would work, but ended up still being a little to small. I was also looking at the Alpinestar backpack but man I couldn't justify spending that much on a backpack. To make a long story short, after I found that the hydrapack was to small I needed a larger backpack and quick for next day to ride to work. Went down to walmart and purchased an Outdoor backpack (that is the brand) back in the camping section for $15, its light and doesn't shift around on me at all, does the job without breaking the bank. Hope this helps you in making your decision. :thumbup:

adidaskid810

haha that's exactly how today has been for me. i've browsed endless sites for bags designed for sportbikes. i have just a normal backpack but it's rather huge so maybe i'll end up doing what you did and checking out walmart for something a little smaller and stiffer.

OTTF

I ended up buying a Cortech backpack since I don't like leaving my helmet attached to the bike.

This is about the best I seen for that purpose since there is a piece which pulls out of a pocket at the bottom of the pack, sit your helmet inside this pullout and clip the closures on top. Holds it nice and tight & it's lined so you don't scratch the shield.

There is still plenty of room in the pack to carry quite a bit of stuff even when the helmet is attached.

Roaddawg

I have a small black roller suitcase that I strap on the back with a bungee net when I need the room. it's as wide as the seat grab bars and about 15 inches long. It works great and I even put red reflective tape on the back. I also use a "jansport" backpack when I need more room. I was looking at motorcycle specific bags too, until I tried my little suitcase. Works great and doesn't look too redneck-ish!:D

CharlieR

I have 1 of the Wal-mart packs. It is big enough to carry my Laptop, and clothes and ect. for 2 days with 1 small(4x6) unused pocket on each side and a MP3 player pocket in the shoulder strap. Went 75 miles,one way, mostly interstate, loaded and after I got used to it( couple miles) forgot it was there. Then same on the way back little while to get used to it then no trouble. Also picked up filter and 3 Qts. oil with it. Twice :) no helmet bag though.

RZ350 Rider

I use a "Team Glock" backpack. Nice bag, has a laptop spot, plus a spot for an iPod and one for a sealed coffee cup, plus it's also usable when I go to the range, to haul ammo targets and a staple gun plus hearing protection, but I don't CCW carry in it while I ride, that's in my sholder holster. But the bag does work good for carrying stuff to and from work though.

O-turn

Partier
I use an under armour backpack from Sports Authority.