Backpack vs Tailbag vs Trunk

H

Hawnted

I commute with my FZ6R. I currently use a backpack. What is your choice of storage on the bike? Do you use a trunk, tailbag, or backpack?

I am looking at the Cortech Sport Tailbag, but not sure if I should spring for the hard trunk or a backpack instead.

Bloke

I use a back pack for tail carrying. But I don't wear it.

Back pack plus bungee cargo net works for me, that's when I need the extra carrying capacity.

Normally everything fits in my tank bag.

If I had the money though i'd go trunk, best thing of the lot.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

yfz6r

I have a very large topcase and a backpack. Scrubbs, med equipment, textbooks, etc in trunk and notebooks, ipad, etc. in backpack.

F

FZ6R_Blue

I have a very nice backpack with a belt strap its a Swiss gear bag. perfect for me and only cost me like $25 i bought it for school and it works for other stuff to... I used the backpack and bags when i went to the Algona Freedom rally last year should have seen it.
Backpack,tankbag,saddle bags,camping chair,sleeping bag, and tent strapped to rear seat..

Last edited by a moderator:

roadrat

I use saddlebags, partly because the back of my helmet was rubbing the top of the backpack I tried, but also because I wear hi viz gear and a backpack covers it. My saddlebags are really easy to take off the bike and carry in to work (literally takes 30 seconds to put on or take off). Not gonna work as well if you have a fender eliminator though. I use the cheap-ass Bilt ones from Cycle Gear.

roadrat

F

FZ6R_Blue

oh i was way off... lol i have the Nelson-rigg 950

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nelson-Rigg-Deluxe-Saddlebag-CL-950/dp/B000J44710"]Amazon.com: Nelson-Rigg Deluxe Saddlebag CL-950: Automotive[/ame]

freaking amazing!!!

roadrat

F

FZ6R_Blue

yeah i made the 130 mile trip without any problems. i have only used them a couple times but love them

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

I'm using a cheap $90 top case from Ebay with a rack that I built myself. I received my set of E21 Givi side case last week. I ordered few hardware part from Givi to kod my rack to fit the E21s. Should get them install in the next few weeks...
I'd like to see the photos of that new setup and how you can integrate them to the bike. How close and tucked are you going to try to make them?

RoadTrip

I have an Axio hard tail bag, Nelson Rig saddlebags, and Joe Rocket Manta tank bag, all 3 fit on my FZ6R and also on my GSXR600. This gives me options depending on how much stuff I need to carry, I put extra visors in the tail bag and off load morning ride undergarments into it in the afternoon. The Manta bag (small one) is great for extra gloves (winter for AM, race for afternoon), also holds cell and garage door opener. Saddlebags are for overnight trips to hold clothes and street shoes. I don't use a backpack, I only carry credit cards and ipod on my person, leathers are tight and no space for anything on me.

Dr. X

Marthy's Trunk Rack

I bought one of Marthy's Trunk Racks and love it!

The trunk I got from JC Whittney for like 75 bucks.

Dr. X

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

anson650

I have Cortech saddle bags that I use on three different bikes. They are easy to swap. I don't like a tail bag or box, but I am planning a three week ride this spring and I'm planning on getting new cortech saddlebags with the tail bag. The old set would make the trip, but the fasteners do not match the new tailbag. I have a tankbag, I don't like it, especially when I have to fill up. Which I will have to do about 60 times. Never tried a backpack, but I can see they are useful for commuting to work, etc. Saddlebags are real easy to get used to. A Harley friend who considers everything in how it looks, no longer rides without his saddlebags.
Anson