Backfiring Issue?

I installed a PCV with Marthys AdvRevB map and a two bros full exhaust with the silencer tip out.

I did not install block off plates.

Is it normal and safe for the bike to be backfiring when you let off the throttle and bad enough where there's flames coming out of the pipe?

Rumpig

It's not uncommon, blanking plates should reduce it. My bike without a PCV but fitted with Marthys Danmoto muffler does it even thou i removed the AIS and blanked off the plumbing.

jammer

I have the same set up plus block off plates. Most of the backfiring is gone but I think you will always have some especially when you let off the throttle all the way and engine brake.

adamo3957

I've just pulled my tbr system off...

I was running the dynojet map, no blanking plates. (and o2 eliminator as AU spec bike...)

After a month or so I developed running issues (Daily riding and 6,000kms (3750miles)), the bike at random would stall. Didn't matter about rpm, load, run time, the weather, or flying pigs. It wasn't repeatable.

When I took the exhaust off there was a large amount of carbon build up.

When I ran Marthy's map it was so rich at idle I could smell fuel...

I was just being lazy and couldn't be bothered mapping in to suit, still torn on sell the tbr or get it mapped on a dyno.

Last edited:

thanks for the replies all. Yeah I'm debating going with block off plates or just not go through the trouble since I'll still have it no matter what