Auto Tuner help!

Howdy! I got a question for one of you mechanical prodigies! I have a TBR Full exhaust, a PCV and I'm going to buy a Auto Tuner....the wife finally gave the ok! My question is, will the Auto Tuner work with the TBR, cause of the O2 sensor issue.....if there is one!? Obviously I have no damn clue about this! I just want more power! I had wrote Power Commander, I'm just waiting for a reply! I'm trying to find out if it works or not, before the wife changes her mind! Any help would be great! THANKS!

Craxican

Our bikes do not come with an O2 sensor...but the auto tuner does...so you have to find a shop/welder willing to drill a whole in your headers, weld the bung (which comes with the Auto Tuner), then install the Auto Tuner. You also need a standard STSP (on/off toggle switch). You can buy these at almost any auto parts store. This goes into your PCV and allows the Auto Tuner to work...the Auto Tuner WILL NOT work without a toggle switch. Any more questions?

Our bikes do not come with an O2 sensor...but the auto tuner does...so you have to find a shop/welder willing to drill a whole in your headers, weld the bung (which comes with the Auto Tuner), then install the Auto Tuner. You also need a standard STSP (on/off toggle switch). You can buy these at almost any auto parts store. This goes into your PCV and allows the Auto Tuner to work...the Auto Tuner WILL NOT work without a toggle switch. Any more questions?
Thanks alot man! I actually do have one more question! Once the PCV and the Auto Tuner are on, will it throw off the speedo more!?

Craxican

No...speeds taken from the drive train, the PCV and Auto Tuner don't change anything there so you'll be fine...

cbzdel

i also suggest reading the thread about cutting off the fresh air dump that goes into the exhaust.. this throws off o2 levels making the auto tuner work incorrectly.

Hellgate

i also suggest reading the thread about cutting off the fresh air dump that goes into the exhaust.. this throws off o2 levels making the auto tuner work incorrectly.
That is not correct. Readings and inturn adjustments to mixure are done while the throttle is being applied. AIS only works when the throttle is closed.

cbzdel

That is not correct. Readings and inturn adjustments to mixure are done while the throttle is being applied. AIS only works when the throttle is closed.
you sure?

2. To get an accurate Air:Fuel (A/F) ratio when dynoing the bike. The air injection system pumps fresh air directly into the exhaust stream in order to burn off any unused fuel. Unfortunately by doing this the A/F ratio is thrown off by the extra “fresh air” in the exhaust stream. By removing the air injection system you can achieve an accurate A/F ratio.