Attempted theft

jmlevy85

So someone tried to steal my bike a couple days ago. I had the bike parked in my carport next to my roommate's bike when it happened. They jammed something into the lock cylinder and tried to break it. All the did was screw that up and break the tip off of whatever they were using. Then they tried to get down underneath the lock cylinder and punch out the little silver rivets that hold the assembly together. Found it this morning when I went to ride to work. Needless to say I was PISSED. Got the bike into the garage and filed a police report.

Was wondering if anyone knows how much it will cost to replace lock cylinders?

Reactions: JT

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member
Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyCawi

or just throw it in the back of an effing truck and put a tarp over it.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

So someone tried to steal my bike a couple days ago. I had the bike parked in my carport next to my roommate's bike when it happened. They jammed something into the lock cylinder and tried to break it. All the did was screw that up and break the tip off of whatever they were using. Then they tried to get down underneath the lock cylinder and punch out the little silver rivets that hold the assembly together. Found it this morning when I went to ride to work. Needless to say I was PISSED. Got the bike into the garage and filed a police report.

Was wondering if anyone knows how much it will cost to replace lock cylinders?
call up a couple locksmiths in your area and see if they can give you a quote if they can fix it. if not, then try ebay and then dealer is gonna be the most $

sorry to hear :( had a car broken into when lived at apt. the crooks must've been in a big hurry or very stupid, they took the entire sub box, the cheapest part of the stereo, and left a $1k amp sitting there. i was glad that's only but still felt very violated

Last edited:

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member
Reactions: JT

jmlevy85

Ok so next time something goes wrong with my bike I will try the simplest thing to fix it. I finally got the new ignition in from the shop which cost me $160 bucks and I had already pulled the all the plastics off so I could get the the bolts and decided that I would try and see if I could get whatever was stuck in the lock cylinder out. So I took a straight O-ring pick and a pocket magnet and this little 4 mm by 3 mm chunk of metal just clicks right on to the pick and pulls out. All fixed. GRRRR ARRGGGG. I still plan on changing the ignition seeing as I have the parts and some has been messing around in there but it would have been nice to know that I could be riding this whole time.

D

Deleted member 9794

funny story that reminds me of that:
We are in Iraq and i have the keys to our Polaris ranger. its the end of the day and time to go home the buddy i was working with that day (very cocky black friend/coworker no offence) yells at me and says he is going to drive us back and jumps in the drivers seat(he always drives but today our NCOIC told me to drive and gave me the keys). So i told him no, and he says hes not moving till i give him the keys. i told him to **** off and if he dose not move we can both walk back!!! he says **** you i can pop the lock!! so he jams his Gerber in the ****in lock and cranks it sideways breaking everything in the lock and dash and completely destroying the entire mechanism....spend 30 min trying to fix it and nothing would work.... soo we walked back and didn't have a ranger for a week....everybody always wants to pop the lock lol
Moral of the story: Gerber makes a damn good knife :thumbup: