ASV C/5 Shorty Brake Lever BRC541-SK And Standard Clutch Lever CRC540-K for FZ6R

sti491

I am just curious, what is the advantage of a shorty brake lever?

Chris12

I am just curious, what is the advantage of a shorty brake lever?
The shorty Brake Lever allows a rider to maintain maximum leverage while using the two finger braking most racers use, (though I think MSF endorses 4 finger braking for beginning riders.)

If a rider gets in the habit of leaving two fingers on the front brake it cuts reaction time for emergency braking.

Also, if only two fingers are used for braking, then the other two fingers (and thumb) are left for throttle control. This makes high speed trail braking possible.

Last edited:

sti491

The shorty Brake Lever allows a rider to maintain maximum leverage while using the two finger braking most racers use, (though I think MSF endorses 4 finger braking for beginning riders.)

If a rider gets in the habit of leaving two fingers on the front brake it cuts reaction time for emergency braking.

Also, if only two fingers are used for braking, then the other two fingers (and thumb) are left for throttle control. This makes high speed trail braking possible.
Thanks. I use two fingers on the brake often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk