Apex Clip Ons Help!!!!!!!

richierich781

I've read and searched all the post about the Apex Clip Ons. I was installing it a little earlier today and my main problem is the throttle and throttle cables. The throttle is binding up and not returning to the closed position when released. I have check everything, taken it apart, changed the angle, and it is still sticking. I have also checked out pics on the apex posts and used them as a reference for my install. when I take the throttle assembly off the apex bar it works just fine. has any of you who has the apex clipons had this problem?

raybob

You should check the length of the cable. It is binding somewhere along the route it takes from the bar to the engine. Nice big loops. Don't crank down the zipties where you connect it to the frame, they are just to hold it close, not strangle it! Lube it up and you should be good to go. I have done the same thing putting superbike/drag/low bars on bikes before (but not in a while, cause I eventually learned to watch for it, it was a long process, that learning!).

If you've accidentally kinked it somewhere, it will always bind, and you should probably get a new cable.

Bob

bobby bo bonsin

Yeah I had the very same problem when installing mine. What you have to do is make sure the riser part is up a good amount.this will allow the cables to rest against the thinner riser bar rather than trying to go around the base of the cliponis which is too much of an angle for the throttle cable. This sucks because you lose slot of adjustability. Also you will have to clamp the throttle housing twisted back more than it is stock.I'm sure you know what I mean by that because the housing naturally wants to spin back ward on the clipons. If you do those two things it will work flawlessly.after I got mine setup it was great just took alot of fiddling. Also remember to take the forks lock to lock and see if there is throttle binding before you call it a day and adjust as necessary.it takes some fiddling with but you'll eventually find a sweet spot on it. Hope that helps.