Anyone using heated gear with their bike?

jgelack

Hi, I have a 2012 Fz6r and generally ride all year unless there is snow/ice on the road. I thought I'd treat myself to some heated gear this year, but just wanted to make sure my bike produced enough power to run it before I went ahead and purchased it. For reference the jacket liner I'm looking at states it is rated at 110 watts at 12.8 volts, and the gloves are rated at 15 watts each. Can anyone tell me if the bike produces enough power to use these items. I really appreciate any advice you guys can give me. Thanks

BluePill

You have at least 250 watts available for accessories when riding at above 4500 RPM. Stop and go traffic will drop to about half of that. Changing the headlight to LED will free up 20 to 35 watts more.

jgelack

You have at least 250 watts available for accessories when riding at above 4500 RPM. Stop and go traffic will drop to about half of that. Changing the headlight to LED will free up 20 to 35 watts more.
Thanks for your reply! There's generally not a lot of stop and go traffic on my commute, so keeping the bike above 4500 RPMs shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the tip on the headlight, I'll check that out. Looks like I can order my heated gear! Thanks again

tdnathens

Your bikes charges its maximum at 4500 and above. This does not mean you have you have to keep your rpms at or above 4500. Just ride your bike as normal and you will be fine.
Tom

tractorboy

NOPE....when its cold Im done.........

Terrible I know but truth.

2009 Fz6r Cadium Yeller