Anyone using grip protectors?

Pinarello Rider

I'm talking about the deflectors you might see on an adventure bike. I'm wondering if they deflect the wind at all? I just got a pair of glove that at 43degrees F are still cold. I'm thinking a liner might help, but the deflectors might be even better. Thoughts?

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

Yes they do, a few members use them.I have handlebar mitts though, i like being able to remove them with velcro and they were under $20.I have heated handgrips, its like a oven in those things lol.Theres alot of different brands, if you go with the mitt just read the reviews well.I had to run a piece of wire inside of mine to keep the wind from blowing them against the levers.

Amazon.com: Kwik Tek ATVM-B, ATV Hand Protector Mitts (Black): Automotive
Do you wear gloves inside them? If so, what kind? I have full finger mesh type gloves for the summer, and heavier waterproof for winter. Would the winter gloves be too bulky to fit in there?

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

priotiynapkin

I have a pair of powermadd ones and they made it so I could wear summer gloves on chilly mornings. Doesn't stop airflow completely but really lessens that icy chill. Still wore winter gloves on long cold rides tho. Also I rode with them in the rain for the first time recently. all of me was wet when i got home, except my hands. just had to take them off with my new windscreen because I have lower handlebars so there isn't room. I think they'd be fine with the stock handlebars though.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Hellgate

I have a set on my Moto Guzzi Stelvio. They work pretty good, but really they are meant to protect your hands and controls from branches, etc. If you need heat get electric grips and full enclosures for you hands.

Back in the day I used to hold the head of my GS1100EX to keep my hand warm in Colorado winters.

20131123_152837.jpg