Anyone here use a UCLEAR communicator?

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
D

Deleted member 9794

Yep, I've got the HBC100, it's a great product - I'm lazy so I just quoted a previous post:

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f87/recommendations-27964/#post379477

Just to give you another option, check out the UCLEAR HBC100 Products - UCLEAR - Advanced Bluetooth Communication Technologies Products

I can't speak toward it's 2-up riding capabilities, I ride solo and don't know anybody else that has one BUT it is boomless (the mics are built into the ear pieces) and that works great. I've had conversations at 65 mph and the person I was talking to had no idea I was riding BUT, the better your helmet, the better the voice quality. My HJC helmet was a little on the loose side and had wind noise verses my AGV is snug and relatively quiet so it does a much better job.

Also, it allows you to listen to music or navigational instructions via bluetooth.
There are others on here that also have UCLEAR's and I haven't heard any complaints yet.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Gringo loco

I have the UCLEAR also .....I love it!

I use it to answer phone calls but mostly to listen to m y music...great sound! .Only small complaint I have is the buttons are a pain to use with gloves, but hey for a great quality boomless bluetooth:D I love it buy it if ur thinking about one.

ajskillz13

Awesome product! Yes, you can still hear music with earplugs in, but I will warn you that it won't be very loud, especially at highway speeds. Without plugs, you can hear clearly most of the time. I've also had great reports from people that have called me when I was riding that it sounded very clear and they couldn't tell I was on the bike. Just saying "hello" to answer a call is a pretty awesome feature.

However, if you do any two-up or group riding where you will have more than one person with the system, get the newest version. They have walkie-talkie function now for easy communication. I will probably upgrade if my wife and I start riding more.

priotiynapkin

I recently upgraded from the 100 to the 200. the intercom works great, especially with group riding. they have excellent range and depending on how noisy your helmet is you can hear everything perfectly under highway speed. one issue we do get is the mic picks up on my dads 1199 pani occasionally.

As far as music, and intercom and phone calls for that matter, everything sounds like crap unless you have some light ear protection in. with ear plugs it sounds like I'm wearing a high quality pair of headphones.

Highly recommend, for solo, 2-up, and group riding. also I only have to charge it every couple weeks via USB with daily use.

D

Deleted member 9794

Do you use these for music also? And can you still hear ok when wearing ear protection?
Yes, I use it for music almost exclusively and yes, I can hear fine w/ ear plugs (moldable silicone type and regular) at interstate speeds with my AGV GP-Tech (although I could not w/ my HJC CL-16, the AGV is a tighter fit).

behindXgrnXeyes

I had those...music was GREAT..ppl hearing me....not so much

I have a shoei RF1100 and the padding in it is great, but with the boomless, that part that pics up your voice obv falls behind it when you talking about lining it up with your mouth. I was told the sound reflected as such. i had to YELL, uncomfortably loud and speak with simple yes and no responses in order for us to get anywhere...I promptly returned it.

Every mic ive tried, boom and boomless yielded the same results....for me. The music, every time though....was fantastic! Great sound, but im not spending that kind of money for music, im fine with my headphones

(I dont check for responses to my comments sometimes so if you need/want me to clarify, PM me :D)

cloudfire

I use the UCLEAR with a scorpion 1100 helmet. It works very well for both music and talking on the phone. People can't tell I'm on the bike unless I accelerate hard. I will have to second the frustration with working the buttons with gloves. There are only three buttons and you have to use combinations to access redial and voice commands. The sound is a little soft at highway speeds and noisy helmets. I have trouble communicating with the wife while riding two up at anything faster than 55mph because of wind noise. I have recently started riding with earplugs though and that has made a huge difference. Overall, I highly recommend the UClear and would upgrade to the 200 if I had the $$