Anyone got an Airmada??

pavmentsurfer

I just upgraded from a Z1R Venom to an Airmada. I have a BIG head, size XXL or XXXL depending on the helmet. I read a million reviews on the Airmada before I made the 1.5 hour track to try one on and it was worth it. Helmet is tight to get ON my head, but once it's on it's just awesome. No wiggle or shuddering at speed, it's a heck of a lot auieter than my Venom at standard highway speeds (100-120km). The pin lock IS super tight... Mildly annoying but like others here have said, I ride with it unlocked until speeds rise. So it's a very minor issue. I bought the bio skull version which was $50 more than a more basic graphic but came with both a clear and chrome shield. I only use the clear at night and I bought a dark smoke for all other riding. I'm not a huge fan of the side covers on the shield. So I just don't use them and have found no issues with it at all.
Airflow is fantastic. I sweat a lot... All the time and this is the first helmet I've ever worn where my head is dry when I take it off. Even when it's hot. I find the vents easy to use with gloves on as well.

I use a scalarider system with the boom mic and had to trim a small section of the lower rubber surround to get it to fit. But once mounted it fits great. Only thing to note is you'll need to run the chin vents closed if you have your mic mounted down there. They basically vent air directly into your face... Or onto the mic if your using one. With them closed I can have a conversation with my wife at 100km and she doesn't even know I'm on a bike.

Love the Airmada. I've worn dozens of helmets over the years from nearly every mid to high end company and I like the Airmada as much or more than any other lid I've worn. Just try it on first as it's snug pulling it on. I went with an XXL and it's perfect.