Anyone got an Airmada??

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
I heard the Icon Variant is even better with airflow. The "visor" doesnt actually protect you from sunlight but acts as a ram air scoop. This is only from a friend who showed off his variant tho. I dont have one but want one for the airflow.

Though i havent heard any complaints, i would recommend researching.

floki

When my last bike and gear was totaled, I picked me and my girlfriend up the Airmada SB1 in blue and pink. I do have the squeaky shield problem but it only whistles at highway speeds when the shield is locked down. I'm coming from an HJC RPHA-10 but I like this helmet. The fit is really tight and it feels like it will actually protect me in a crash. The only thing that bothers me is the pin lock system. That shit is hard to undo so I only lock it down on the interstate.
I also live in south MS where its 80% humidity at 95 degrees. This helmet flows air very good.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

adamo3957

I know your not a fan of ear plugs but having minor tinnitus I can tell you that it's not something I would wish on anyone else...

No helmet is quiet enough to not require ear plugs, I have a shoei gt-air, supposedly the quietest helmet on the market, and its not enough. I ride with earplugs everywhere.

If you don't like plugs, have a look at getting some custom made to fit, some companies will even do speakers in them...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

LocoLechero

I upgraded my icon alliance to an airmada and i love it!I think ICON is great - air flow is great- fit is snug- nice and stylish doesn't make you look like a big bug headed alien - very aerodynamic head checks are super smooth no buffeting!!- got a sweet mirrored visor - couldn't be happier and for 180 bucks its a no-brainer!!! ordered from revilla - no tax free shipping arrived super fast!!

Last edited:

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

DiHydro

I've got the Airmada Salient Green, and, while it is loud at ~65 MPH it isn't defining. I usually put earbuds in and those block most of the noise, with earplugs on longer trips it is very nice. The locking mechanism is stiff at first, and can be hard to undo, my mirrored visor is much stiffer than the clear one that it came with. I find the cheek pads squeeze the middle of my cheeks a very small bit more than I would like, but it is a very secure fit all around. The airflow and aerodynamics are great, the only time I have problems is in gusty sidewinds, but I have to focus on keeping the bike straight on those days anyway.

xJoshuaDrakex

I have never tried out the Airmada but I have the Variant and I love it. My buddy has the Airframe and he also loves that helmet. I would say definitely try one out from revzilla and if you end up not liking it (which probably wouldn't happen) then you can always send it back.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

latony007

i say go bluetooth, once you get it you will never go back. I have used Jafrum and leatherup both with sucess and good return policies.

latony007

I won an SMH10R from Motorcyclesuperstore and bought one for the wife. It will come over to the new lid so I don't need to worry about a bluetooth helmet. I do agree though, it changes the game, it's great!
Nice, between you and MNGreg you guys have won about all the prizes available this year! :)
i like the built in better but i bet the helmet to helmet is better on yours and really as long as you have one, as you said it changes the game.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

latony007

Bluetooth itself changes the game.

I did a short-term job last summer helping out a friend for a week. My commute was 90 highway minutes per direction in stop and go traffic. Ugh! I started wearing earbuds with my mp3 player to not die or boredom. Then I got hooked on music while riding.

Downside of that was going from a super soft song to a super loud one, not being able to control volume through my pocket. Or you get up to 80 and can't hear the music, and then come to a dead stop and it's SUPER loud. I could change tracks sometimes feeling the button through the pocket, but othertimes I would pause or get stuck in the menu. Pain in the @$$. And then sometimes one earbud falls out and it screws up my equillibrium and makes me dizzy.

Enter the Sena. 3 slim buttons. tap + or - for volume, hold + to random to the next track. Simple. Speakers in the lid, no earbuds to mess with and no wires. Ever do a fast headcheck, snag your cable, and rip your earbuds out? No more. GPS somewhere, it's a dream. Even tap the center button to take a phonecall when someone is beeping in. My wife will call to check on something and doesn't know if I'm riding or still in my classroom. For daily commuting it's PERFECT. Highway is problematic because of wind noise.

^^
In the mail are a windjammer and an adapter to use my Sena with earbuds. Going to use them to combat wind noise to my summer theater camp job, an hour+ each way on the highway.

Like I said, a good bluetooth (no matter HOW it's setup) is a gamechanger.
Agreed all the way. And i have a windjammer it does help but not a ton.