anyone do a K&n upgrade?

mchury

was thinking about doing this mod. Just curios on prices and where a good place to order from would be. let me know what you guys can come up with. Thanks

I ordered mine from solomotoparts.com! It was $55.95! I pretty much get everything from there!

Kleinfalls

My K&N - the tabs are too close to the body of the filter - and you have to really use some muscle to get it in there - pushing it back while pressing down - once it was in - all good

My K&N - the tabs are too close to the body of the filter - and you have to really use some muscle to get it in there - pushing it back while pressing down - once it was in - all good
I had no problem putting mine in, the tabs went in pretty easily! Hopefully I'm not F*$ked up!

Kleinfalls

maybe that's why mine was on ebay - although the plastic bag was still factory sealed - not sure

Halon

Is there any noticible gain in acceleration with the intake? Is it actually an intake or just a less restrictive filter?

Is there any noticible gain in acceleration with the intake? Is it actually an intake or just a less restrictive filter?
I haven't noticed any! K&N is just a trusted name, plus it is reusable! So I figured it wouldn't hurt to get it! Plus I have a problem spending money on my bike! I find parts and save the money for them.........after bugging the Crap out of my wife for the OK! (She doesn't wear the pants in this house!)

Chip

I have a question for those of you that use a K&N filter. I know it it reusable, but I have read the the materials you need to clean it are a bit expensive and time consuming. Is this true? Thanks!

cavcuz05

Kleinfalls

the number of folds in the K&N are fewer - therefore I am assuming airflow is increased without losing filtering ability

Comiha22

I feel like the K&N added a bit of low-end torque, but that could be all in my mind. Either way, a lifetime warranty + a trusted brand is enough to justify the upgrade for me.

cavcuz05

I just orderesd the GYTR filter yesterday... 35.00 after discount:D we'll see if it adds anything seeing as im going to to get dyno'd again now that the weather it nice to see if i can stay in the 80's

ArkAngel06

I have a question for those of you that use a K&N filter. I know it it reusable, but I have read the the materials you need to clean it are a bit expensive and time consuming. Is this true? Thanks!
No, its not difficult. And all you need is the cleaner/oil solution, it comes in a spray can. Time consuming?....No, but you do have let it dry for awhile.

I can't remember how much it costs, I bought it back when I had a modded car, but it isn't too much. And it will be enough to clean it many times.

dcBear78

You buy and aerosol can of oil from K&N for aroundA$20 (probably heaps less in the State $10?) and you supply a hose and water yourself. I have one for the car. Beyond any marginal improvements, on an economical basis it is worth it.