Anybody want a Gixxer 1000 in SoCal?

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

xleeb0y13x

Man that's a great looking bike but this is exactly why you research this kind of stuff to the fullest.

Sent using Jedi mind tricks!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

Nah, I'm good thanks. Appreciate the heads up tho... :)

"They will kill you with their stupid destination and handling charges and reconditioning and bullsh*t." This is interesting, coming from a "harley" guy, who has apparently never bought a bike from a Harley shop... My FZ6r had tax, title and reg, and destination. That was it. None of the "set up" fees. One of the reasons I opted for the FZ6r and not the Harley I was drooling over.

Last edited:

chrisnlb

part of the problem is that dealers usually dont let you test ride a bike before you buy it, so you really dont know what your getting into

linkgt

"I purchased this bike in April, thinking that a 1000 was the perfect started bike for an old Harley rider. I was wrong. I absolutely hate this sport bike scene. "

Well, the "sport bike scene" does have its annoying, obnoxious peeps (usually squids). Same goes for harley riders.

xleeb0y13x

"I purchased this bike in April, thinking that a 1000 was the perfect started bike for an old Harley rider. I was wrong. I absolutely hate this sport bike scene. "

Well, the "sport bike scene" does have its annoying, obnoxious peeps (usually squids). Same goes for harley riders.
You can be a old Harley rider and be very uneducated about other bikes. I talked to a Harley vrod owner and after telling him I'd like to one day work up to a r1 he proceeded to tell me how his vrod would tear up a r1 because he had 250cc more than that bike. This guy bought a bike not knowing what he was getting himself into and now someone else will benefit from his lack of knowledge.

Sent using Jedi mind tricks!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

abyss1406

it is a nice bike, but i would pay 12G's for it. I could just go to the dealer and get a CBR 1000RR for 11 G's no miles