Anybody know what a CofO is regarding registration?

swatguy

Looking at a new bike that originally had this kind of title, well i guess instead of a title. I really have no clue what that means. I was told the bike was damaged during shipping. Purely cosmetic. Bike is fixed. Shipping company covered the damage. I have just never heard of it. Its a super deal on a brand new bike with 6 miles, but you know what they say if it seems too good...................

The bike now has a free and clear title attached to it. What do you guys think? On the up and up or run?

Last edited:
Pretty sure it just means Certificate of Ownership. It is for when you have the vehicle financed and you don't actually have the Title, the lendor does.

swatguy

Looking at the acronym again and again. Think I narrowed it down. Took me a day but certificate of origin

Looking at the acronym again and again. Think I narrowed it down. Took me a day but certificate of origin
I may be wrong, but certificate of origin is abbreviated CO, or COO. If you look up certificate of ownership in google, it leads to a lot of DMV sites for applying for a CofO.

Maybe the person put the wrong acronym and shoulda put COO.

Last edited:

swatguy

Thanks for the help. The guy had it abbreviated like Cofo and I could not find anything. Thought maybe it was similar to salvage title or something.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

dekaliber

Pretty sure it's Certificate of Origin. My GSXR came with one that the dealer I bought it from (out of state) said I would need to take to the Secretary of State/DMV to register.