Anybody ever go out racing with this bike?

ZigsFZ6R

Just curious if anyone has any stories from the road and what bike or car you went up against. I just got my bike so I'm in the break-in stage and can't really drive it past 5000 RPM. How fast is this bike compared to say like a new camaro or corvette? I wanna know what I'm capable of

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member

jrv81

my buddys FZ6 smokes me consistently....I get him at first but he then slowly creeps up and then blows by me...SAD :( HAHA

F

FZ6Rgurl

I raced a mustang GT500 and a regular mustang GT and I beat them both. I believe it was just under a quarter mile. Basically from one light to another. By the time the GT500 was shifting into third, I was just getting to the red line in first gear. The poor regular GT could keep up.

dannymac702

Went head to head with a Harley V-Rod from a red light. Was pretty much even until 85 mph when we had to back off because of a red light up ahead.
We probably would have had another go at it but the Las Vegas Metro officer (on duty and on his Harley) put an end to our fun at that red light.

husker525

Just curious if anyone has any stories from the road and what bike or car you went up against. I just got my bike so I'm in the break-in stage and can't really drive it past 5000 RPM. How fast is this bike compared to say like a new camaro or corvette? I wanna know what I'm capable of
The bike in stock trim, with a good rider, is capable of high 12's or low 13's in the 1/4 mile. There are a lot of factors involved, including traction, altitude at which the run is made, tuning, and most importantly, rider.

This bike will beat most stock production automobiles, but of course, there are a few high performance cars out there that can still beat it.

And I am sure you did not mean drag racing vehicles on the street, because, frankly, that just disrespects our little motorcycle world, and is just plain dangerous. I, unfortunately, have seen way too many fatals on the street, as a result of illegal drag racing on the street. Most of them were innocent people, who were just driving legally and got caught up in someone else's mayhem.

wes816

fast?

dont try racing the fz6r. most cars will be able to beat you. i own the fz6r and it tops out at 135/140 but it takes forever to get there. when i finely opened my bike up. and realized how slow it was... the next day i tried trading it in.. but im stuck with it...

ZigsFZ6R

Yeah I was just curious......I'm the super careful type and can never see myself actually going neck and neck with someone else. I've had a few cars and bikes pull up next to me to try and egg me on, but I disregard them and just continue on my way. I like life

Heineken

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

SiGPiGomer

I have lined up with bikes and cars in the past. It just depends. I havent had a car beat me yet. I havent had a car even stay close to me. The one person that could even keep up with me was my buddy in his supercharged cobra mustang. When I have lined up with other bikes around my area, it all just depends. Older bikes in the 600 class I will usually beat almost all the time. New bikes in the 600 class, I mine as while not bother because they just blow right by me. For instances, my buddy has a 2006 GXR 750 and he gave me a head start and still blew by me when I hit 80 and he was riding a wheelie. But like everyone else said, be careful and dont get caught. Its not worth it. I got a ticket the second week I got my bike while racing, but thankfully the cop only gave me a 10 over ticket. Which is a lot better than what I should have got. Again, just be very careful if you choose to race other people

jrv81

dont try racing the fz6r. most cars will be able to beat you. i own the fz6r and it tops out at 135/140 but it takes forever to get there. when i finely opened my bike up. and realized how slow it was... the next day i tried trading it in.. but im stuck with it...
lol i agree its slow but its good to start off with but since it was so easy to ride it gets your confidence up to try a SS600

Roaddawg

I have a feeling that you probably don't actually own an FZ6R.

Heineken

Elite Member

MikeN02

I think most cars with thousands of dollars worth of aftermarket on them. It is still a bike so of course it's going to be faster than your riced out civics etc

The main competition is the Ninja 650R and SV650, as that's where our bike is closest to.

Seriously if you want to drag then go and buy a Hayabusa. Motorcycles aren't just good at being fast in a straight line it's also cornering.

Last edited:
F

FZ6Rgurl

If you hated the FZ6R so much why did you join this forum? Maybe you accidently bought a moped? I just can't believe someone is ragging on our bike.