Any students that ride to school?

WarEagle07

Just wondering if there are any students that ride to school on their bike?
Do you carry a backpack?
Do you put books and such in saddlebags?
Does your school have assigned motorcycle parking?
What do you do with your gear and helmet while in class?

MikeN02

Do you carry a backpack?
A backpack is a must.
I just carry it in my backpack.
Nope, but it's still easier to park.
Locker.

WarEagle07

My school doesnt have lockers. Guess if its a nice day I can lock it to my bike or maybe bring it into my class and put it on an empty seat or in the back of class

Chip

Do you carry a backpack?
Yup right here! I go to Rutgers University in NJ

I do carry a backpack, I used to use the Swiss Gear one, but it sucked and broke. I now got the Jansport Odyssey 39 and it is EXCELLENT! It has a rigid back to contour to your natural back, padded back and shoulder straps (not that crap mesh stuff), chest strap and padded waist strap. I carry usually notebooks in it and a laptop sometimes. I carry my helmet in my hand, gloves in helmet, and jacket next to me on a chair. I usually park right outside of the class, so carrying around stuff isn't too bad.

From what I've heard there a White FZ6R on College Ave campus, but I have never seen you if you are here, I drive a black one and usually park on Busch!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I ride mine to school/work everyday! Everything comes with me, as I don't trust people to walk by my stuff and not touch it. I do carry a backpack, and I strap a lunch box under the pillion seat. Fortunately, there is a corner of the parking lot right up front that is formed by the handicap spaces that has become the place for motorcycles to park.

I suggest if you are carrying books and your helmet that you invest in one of the backpacks that has a built in helmet sling. It will make things so much easier to carry, and it will free up your hands to open doors for the hotties! :cool:

Krappy

Im with everyone else. I carry a Swiss Gear backpack with my mac book in it. We don't have parking for motorcycle so Im out of luck there. And i always take my helmet and all my other gear with me.

wtgrant87

I ride every day if I can. I use a backpack with no problems. Thankfully, my school has 4 motorcycle only areas. Crime at my school isnt bad so I just lock my helmet on the helmet lock. Some people there just put their helmet on their mirror and leave their jacket on the seat.

WarEagle07

Im with everyone else. I carry a Swiss Gear backpack with my mac book in it. We don't have parking for motorcycle so Im out of luck there. And i always take my helmet and all my other gear with me.
I just bought that bag but havent had a chance to use it because classes start back the 20th for me

Krappy

I just bought that bag but havent had a chance to use it because classes start back the 20th for me
The bag works great. I use both straps and the one across the chest, its sit just high enough so when Im on the bike it rest on the passenger seat without moving around. I think you will love it.

WarEagle07

The bag works great. I use both straps and the one across the chest, its sit just high enough so when Im on the bike it rest on the passenger seat without moving around. I think you will love it.
Damn mine doesnt have a strap that goes across my waist :mad:

RandiZ

Teacher who rides

When I was a student I rode to school. Just put my backpack on the back of the bike with a cargo net. I tried riding with the backpack on. But, found that the stuff shifting inside put me off balance. I'm sure it was just perception. They also had motorcycle parking at school. I always carried my helmet with me. Too many fraternities.

Now as a teacher, I also ride. But, rather than a backpack, I use my Cortech tail bag. It fits my laptop and piles of graded and ungraded papers, keys, lunch, spare pair of shoes, and anything else I need. My school has a parking lot. However, since I don't ride every day I don't use it. I do park far from the school so the teens don't sit on the bike and possibly knock it over. The jacket goes on the back of my chair. Gloves zipped in my jacket pockets. My helmet fits neatly under a desk return and right over the student portfolios.

I'm totally the cool teacher who rides. As a geeky science teacher, that works for me.

WarEagle07

Science teacher..... so ummm... wana do my Bio 103 class? haha

Funkmaxtor

As both a current teacher and graduate student at college I ride to both every chance I get. I carry my helmet with me at both places. I'm the Tech. teacher that rides to work. I was told to always park in a spot at work. So now a few other teachers get mad when I take up a spot and there is not a spot for them. I guess they should just get there earlier...

MikeN02

Speaking of things throwing you off balance, I work in a restaurant and they have me run things to other locations that are low on stuff.

I've carried 5 glass bottles of plum wine... a box of zucchinis and grocery before. Not all at the same time.

jlfrye85

Daily driver

Since I got divorced and let my ex have the suv, my bike is my one and only daily driver. I drive it to work, drive it to school, drive it to do errands (groceries suck its always a contest for me to see how much can I really pack into my backpack to take home which amazingly enough is alot of food even if I have to breakdown some packaging to do so), drive it just because, drive rain or shine.

My school has like a very very small designated motorcycle parking area like maybe 3 bikes can fit. I have yet to find other motorcycle parking areas I'm going to have to ask them since I will be going this summer and fall again.

My pink jansport has held up through dirt, rain, stretching it out and still no signs of straps tearing off quite yet. I even carry beer in the back of my packpack lol I can fit the can cases of beer usually its the 12pk.. I haven't tried the 12 pk of bottles thats a bit much (also can envision myself crashed with bottle bits in my back and it doesn't seem like a pretty sight) and a bit heavy on my back considering the town i live in is a dry county so I have to drive a bit out of county to get liquor or beer. I don't drink and drive.. I just bring it home.

Hooray!