Any help on lighting issues

matt3793

hi all. i am expirencing some issues with my beloeved 2011 FZ6R and was wanting to know if someone has a similar issue. the issues i have are as followed:
no power to all blinkers (front+back)
no power to tail light
no power to number plate
when i turn the key to the on pisition, the headlight should turn on as well as the tail light. however neither action happens.

all i do have is a break light and headlight when i kick it over.

i have checked the fuses on the left behind the positive battery terminal and they are all fine. am i missing anything else like more fuses or something else?

the mods i have regarding lighting is as follow:
hid projector headlight kit
led blinkers (front and back)
DMP intergrated tail light
DMP number plate light
(^^please note i didnt list them to brag about my mods, purely as information incase one of these caused the issue)

all the wiring was done by myself as i have a lot of expirence and knowledge on the subject.

any help would be greatful

matt

latony007

hmm, if it was working with all the mods already installed it sure sounds like a fuse. Sometimes its really hard to see the break the fuses are so small, i would replace the signal fuse anyway see if it works before i went into to taking it in or anything.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

matt3793

Unless you hooked it up different than most of us your headlight shouldn't go on with the key. I have HID as well and even stock the headlight only comes on when the bike is running. Running lights front signals (if hooked up as running lights since they're aftermarket) and the tail light should come on with the key. Sounds like you blew the blinker fuse which is probably also the DRL fuse. There are 2 fuse locations under the seat. Did you check both?
The way I have the hid wired is the demon eye (red) should come on as soon as I turn the key on. Then when I kick it over it goes into low beam mode. I have checked the fuse box which the manual showed me unless there is another fuse Bo I am missing? The buggers are so small but I check and the fuse was fine?

Really appreciate the comments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

tanoz

The light his referring to is the one in the diamond. Our models come with it stock.

I actually did this a few days ago, I ended up blowing the fuse + the blinker/indicator relay.

Quick swap of the fuse got it working for tail light and plate light. Blinkers would turn on but wouldn't flash. Swapped the relay and it's back to normal.

The fuse should be under our seat, it's in a little white plastic holder and is labelled TAIL iirc. It's only a single 10A fuse on its own.

If you need a hand shoot me a pm and I'm happy to let you test my relay in it.

Last edited:

matt3793

The light his referring to is the one in the diamond. Our models come with it stock.

I actually did this a few days ago, I ended up blowing the fuse + the blinker/indicator relay.

Quick swap of the fuse got it working for tail light and plate light. Blinkers would turn on but wouldn't flash. Swapped the relay and it's back to normal.

The fuse should be under our seat, it's in a little white plastic holder and is labelled TAIL iirc. It's only a single 10A fuse on its own.

If you need a hand shoot me a pm and I'm happy to let you test my relay in it.
Problem has been resolved, what appeared to be a plug going into the fuse box had a fuze hiding in the top which had blown. Thanks to all who took the time to help

matt3793

Problem has been resolved, what appeared to be a plug going into the fuse box had a fuze hiding in the top which had blown. Thanks to all who took the time to help
just came across another problem, i burnt out my relay. i think this is because i don't have load resistors on my led blinks

I'm planning on buying this relay
ELFR-P Programmable Electronic LED Flasher Relay with OEM Connector – Custom LED

would i still need to put the load resistors or will this cover that issue too?

thanks matt

matt3793

just came across another problem, i burnt out my relay. i think this is because i don't have load resistors on my led blinks

ELFR-P Programmable Electronic LED Flasher Relay with OEM Connector – Custom LED

thanks matt

latony007

thanks matt
i had my blinkers flashing at the faster rate for a couple weeks if thats what you mean and had no issue. i finally wound up buying a new resistor to slow them down but did not seem like an issue.