Another Lowering question

pgillen

I am seriously considering fitting the Roaring Toyz lowering link to my FZ6R and I was wondering what other people did about the side stand. The Roaring Toyz side stand does not appeal to me either aesthetically or financially.
I was thinking of having the OEM stand cut short and the foot re-welded on - has anyone on here done that? Do you think that it is feasible?
I love the bike, but feel uncomfortable not being able to flatfoot.

bobby bo bonsin

Mines lowered with the stock kickstand and I haven't had a problem. Gotta watch where you park it a little more but it leans enough to be stable if your careful about where you park it. I don't see where cutting kickstand down a little would be a problem.it just wouldn't have the foot on the bottom of kickstand anymore.may have to be careful when pushing bike around because the kickstand would catch on things more without the foot.

Bikegirl88

I had the roaring tozy one ordered for my bike when I lowered it. Did not like it so I went back to a modified stock stand. (cut out 3/4 of an inch).

T-Rex Racing makes a nice stand. Just installed one on my gsxr - I know they make one for the r6 but not sure if they make one for the FZ6R.

Good luck!

bobby bo bonsin

Oh I just saw you wanted to weld the foot back on.nevermind what I said :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member