another lowering/clip on question

Roadking013

I understand that this question has been asked before and I have read the different forums but haven't actually gotten a how to answer.

I want to lower my bike and add clip ons (pref woodcraft) but here are my questions:

1. How, exactly, do I go about lowering the front end? (tools, parts, etc)
also, how can I do this without a garage (if possible) I live in apartment complex and pretty much only have the use of the parking lot to work in
2. what size clamps fit the FZ6R?

I feel bad for asking but I have searched and haven't found the answers i've needed

applejax

I guess you didn't really search. There is a thread titled "woodcraft clip ons". Everything is listed there, the first post says what size forks the fz6r has.

Chucker

Get a triple tree stand to hold the front wheel off the ground without weight on it to raise the forks in the clamps. If you try to do this with weight on the forks, you run the risk of your front end dropping. Remove your front wheel and you can hold each fork as you loosen the clamps and then slide the fork up in the clamps.

Kdubb223

4 bolts that need to be loosened. Two up top that hold the forks to the triple tree and two just below that are accessed from underneath. I suggest loosening the two bottom ones all the way first and then slowly loosen the top bolts 1 at a time. Must be careful not to loosen too much or the forks will raise too much. You want an even 1.5-1.75 inches to be above the triple. This will let you mount 1.5in Woodcraft clip ons with the least amount of lowering. I did this by myself with basic set of tools from Home Depot. Main thing is take your time... Oh and if you havnt found the woodcraft thread you should read through it. You will need to drill two anti rotation holes on the woodcraft bars. Good luck :)