Another Frame Slider Thread

MikeN02

Sorry to bother everyone with yet another Frame Slider Thread, I've looked at all the threads and posts about the Frame Sliders for the FZ6R and I still can't decide what to get.

I know I want No Cuts, and I'm pretty sure my dealer will be putting them on because I bought the bike a couple of days ago but I also want to save money.

My choice was the T-Rex but I heard something about how they hit the engine casing or some sort? I also wasn't able to find the frame sliders on the T-Rex Racing website... is it because they realized that there were defects and are working on correcting it?

Shoguns I've read are garbage, go with Intuitive.

Intuitive is the most expensive, but it's my 2nd bike and brand new so I don't want a ding on it.

Any help would be appreciated, sorry but I'm still a new rider and want the best yet affordable price for my R.

Top1Dog525

My choice was the T-Rex but I heard something about how they hit the engine casing or some sort? I also wasn't able to find the frame sliders on the T-Rex Racing website... is it because they realized that there were defects and are working on correcting it?
Don't know about them having defects, but from one of the other threads on the subject there is a guy on this forum who is doing some R&D for them. According to a post a few days ago they should possibly have an option for them on their site within a few weeks. I personally wrote T-Rex Racing and they responded that they were currently in back order but will hopefully be caught back up with supply and demand shortly.

MikeN02

Don't know about them having defects, but from one of the other threads on the subject there is a guy on this forum who is doing some R&D for them. According to a post a few days ago they should possibly have an option for them on their site within a few weeks. I personally wrote T-Rex Racing and they responded that they were currently in back order but will hopefully be caught back up with supply and demand shortly.
Not that I don't trust you, but here's the other thread I was reading/was concerned about:

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/no-cut-frame-slider-recommendation-18341/index4.html

SilentT said the sliders were weren't a snug fit and something about it hitting the engine case. And to add more washers to it?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bsoder

The T-Rex sliders only need a few washers added to them. It's not a huge deal to add 2-3 washers while installing. They are still are great purchase for the price.