Angry's Mods

TokenSSDD

Smooth move going for the decal removal. I think it looks a lot better. Well done in general man.

AngryAnt

Thanks for the comments guys. After the "un-sticker" shock I'm really digging the no-decal look.

In other news, I got the hardware mounting kit in for the Powermadd hand-guards today. I moved the controls around on the bars, slipped them on, tightened them up, and it's looking much more likely that these will work.

This is the kit I got in today:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/PowerMadd-PM14252-Trail-Black-Handguard/dp/B001AVU0X0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319518539&sr=8-3"]Amazon.com: PowerMadd PM14252 Trail Star/Star Series Black ATV/Moto Handguard Mount Kit: Automotive[/ame]

This is the kit I abandoned because its just impossible to get it in the right place where you can still do a full lock turn:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Powermadd-Star-Series-Tri-Mount-PM14269/dp/B0036GI566/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319518539&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Powermadd Star Series Tri-Mount PM14269: Automotive[/ame]

I didn't get the guards themselves attached to the mount, so I'll get them mounted tomorrow and some pics uploaded, but just loosely putting them in place it looks like I can achieve a full lock, so I'm hoping they work out. It seems like it'll be a while before I *really* get to try them out, since its 70 degrees again (not that I'm complaining).

Edit:

Oh! Got my tracking #, my Givi V35's and mounting hardware are here Wednesday, woot!

Last edited:

Detrich

Nice job ^_^

amg14

hey angryant,

how is that cruise control going ??? picks ? i have a throttlemeister and i like it but a quick throttle locking system would be better because when im on the highway i have to roll the bar end back, which can be tricky with my winter gloves on. let us know !!!!

Attachments

AngryAnt

hey angryant,

how is that cruise control going ??? picks ? i have a throttlemeister and i like it but a quick throttle locking system would be better because when im on the highway i have to roll the bar end back, which can be tricky with my winter gloves on. let us know !!!!
Actually I don't like it, don't use it, and was attempting to sell it and buy a throttlemeister. To each his own I guess :)

It might have worked better if I installed it between the grips and the kill switch assembly, but it took up too much room for my taste installing it on top of the grip, and I had the same problem that I couldn't engage it without using my left hand. That being said, I do have pretty small hands, I can see where some people might prefer it.

I was actually thinking of ordering a throttlemeister sometime over the next few days. Trade? ;)

Btw, Givi's came in today, been so busy haven't even taken them out of the box yet though :(

AngryAnt

:surrender:

Either I'm mechnically retarded or I have a defective Givi rack. You can't seem to get in touch with Givi for support, but I contact Sporttour and they're shipping me another and I can return the one I got.

Now I've got these expensive bags just laying here with no way to mount them :'(

AngryAnt

Powermadd Handguards:

Think I'm finally content with my hand guards. The handguards themselves I ordered online:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/PowerMadd-PM14204-Star-Black-Handguard/dp/B001AWLZSI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320193467&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: PowerMadd PM14204 Star Series Blue/Black Handguard: Automotive[/ame]

And this is the mounting kit you SHOULD use:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/PowerMadd-PM14252-Trail-Black-Handguard/dp/B001AVU0X0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1320193491&sr=8-3"]Amazon.com: PowerMadd PM14252 Trail Star/Star Series Black ATV/Moto Handguard Mount Kit: Automotive[/ame]

Do NOT Use this one - with this mounting hardware the guards are too far from the bars and you will not be able to do a full lock.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Powermadd-Star-Series-Tri-Mount-PM14269/dp/B0036GI566/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320193491&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Powermadd Star Series Tri-Mount PM14269: Automotive[/ame]

With the first mounting kit, I put them on without much trouble, and the guards do touch the mirror, but they give just a little where you can still do a full lock. As far as how much difference they make, they are a little smaller than the ones like Marthy uses, so you still get some wind, but I can use my mesh gloves in 35-40 degree weather with my heated grips without my hands going numb, so that's worth something. To me they are a tad on the ugly side, but I'll take them off when it warms up, so no huge issue there.

Some pics, in these its at a full lock to the left, so you can see how it touches the mirror. The left one is actually a little lower than the right one, I need to adjust it again.

AngryAnt

Givi Bags:

Ok, for those who read my other threads, I went through kind of an ordeal here. I ordered not one, but TWO givi PLRX364 mounts that had the bolt that goes under the fender on backwards. After the second set came in the exact same way, I gave up and hacked it until I forced it to work. My future suggestion is that you try and alternative mount to the PLRX364 if you can, apparently Givi doesn't care about quality checks.

Anyway, if it wasn't for the fact it was assembled wrong, it would have been a painless 30 minute installation. So far they sit secure, and I haven't noticed any real difference in how it rides, and the bags with the liners are very nice to have. I bring the liner in with me to work, load my stuff into it, and throw it in the case when I leave work, and never have to worry about rain covers or somebody jacking my stuff if I go into a store.

The V35's are very spacious, and if they condensed the locking mechanism on the inside, my helmet would have fit :eek: They sit a little lower and I have less of problem catching my foot on them throwing my leg over the bike than I did with the soft bags.

My only minor complaints is that it would be nice to have the option to leave them unlocked, because you need the key to open them at all times regardless. Minor, I know, but sometimes I need something out of my bag while I"m in the garage and I left my keys in the house, and I'm lazy :)

Also, it feels like I have less vibrations from the back seat now as well, which is nice. It adds just enough weight that the bike sits a little lower, although I have my suspension on "1". I think they look pretty nice on it, and I'm going to consider having the top part painted to match the bike, I just haven't made up my mind yet on that.

AngryAnt

Hey guys! Just checking back in. I've been lurking on the forums during the winter, but haven't really posted in a while.

I've rode my 6R to work everyday during the entire winter with the exception of about 3 days (which were two days of food poisoning and a day I had the cold, I think I can be excused those days).

After nearly a whole winter, I can say I still remain unimpressed with the PowerMadd handguards, and will probably be selling them soon, since they aren't the most attractive thing on the bike...

Anyway, glad to see you guys are still at it, although the amount of people that have went down or sold their bikes over the winter is alarming :eek:

Stay safe, and for you northerners, spring is just around the corner ;)

BoneJj

interesting thread, some great info in here