And what did YOU do on lunch today?

reiobard

Well up in the tundra that i call New Hampshire we finally had a day that got into the mid 40's. I was working at a different office than my usual one so there was no boss around and i took advantage. I didn't have MY bike with me to ride, but happened to have my helmet, jacket, and winter gloves in my car, so i did the next best thing. Found a dealer close by that allowed test rides!!!

Test Rode one of those Hyosung cruiser things (first time ever on a cruiser) and i was actually fairly impressed, it had good power, decent turning and it was comfortable. Maybe if i have some spare cake in the future i will pick one up as a commuter.

T

tolgatt

i had one of those new sirloin burgers from A&W...tasted pretty good :D:D

for some reason i never liked hyosung bikes,,,i guess i always thought they are the knock offs of the japanese models just like some other chinese makes....but i see that it is a growing company with some models that are accepted by the market...i would never own a hyosung but honestly i dont hear bad things about them....cheap alternative to japanese bikes

reiobard

i had one of those new sirloin burgers from A&W...tasted pretty good :D:D

for some reason i never liked hyosung bikes,,,i guess i always thought they are the knock offs of the japanese models just like some other chinese makes....but i see that it is a growing company with some models that are accepted by the market...i would never own a hyosung but honestly i dont hear bad things about them....cheap alternative to japanese bikes
Back in the day Hyosung was a subsidiary of Suzuki and they made all the sv 650 engines (dealer argues that they still do) and that is the engine that they use in this bike. There is definitely some cheap chromed plastic pieces but overall the bike felt solid and plenty of power and turning capability.

reiobard

Was it the new FI version?

Is it easy to ride with your feet forward like that, I have often wondered?
I am not sure about the FI, it was an 06 with 1200 miles on it. the foot forward thing is strange but it is easier to get used to than i thought it would be. It is mostly the rake of the front forks that makes it the most difficult. the turning was the most strange.

J

jsteinb95

Was it the new FI version?

Is it easy to ride with your feet forward like that, I have often wondered?
I think it's very akward riding with your feet like that. I haven't ridden that particular bike, but I have ridden a HD sportster with forward controls and I feel like I have no control over the bike.

bikerider

I think it's very akward riding with your feet like that. I haven't ridden that particular bike, but I have ridden a HD sportster with forward controls and I feel like I have no control over the bike.
I felt the same way when i rode my friends Valkyrie. Guess its something to get used to.

T

tolgatt

Back in the day Hyosung was a subsidiary of Suzuki and they made all the sv 650 engines (dealer argues that they still do) and that is the engine that they use in this bike. There is definitely some cheap chromed plastic pieces but overall the bike felt solid and plenty of power and turning capability.

i think i have heard that before too,,,,well if thats the case hyosung GT650 and this particular bike is sharing the same engine of SV 650...and also my Vstrom 650 too...i know that SV is Fuel Injected..
but the GT650 is carburetor...so probably this one is carburated too..
FI might be the only difference between the suzuki and hyosung engines..

BTW how much were they asking ?

grommit

i think i have heard that before too,,,,well if thats the case hyosung GT650 and this particular bike is sharing the same engine of SV 650...and also my Vstrom 650 too...i know that SV is Fuel Injected..
but the GT650 is carburetor...so probably this one is carburated too..
FI might be the only difference between the suzuki and hyosung engines..

BTW how much were they asking ?
The new ones released recently are Fuel Injected, the 650 and the 250, maybe to meet euro 3 emissions, the bhp has gone up as well.

T

tolgatt

i actually found this comparison between GT650 and SV650....they have all the details and specifications,,,i didnt read it all but i think they are proving that the engines are different.....

Hyosung GT650 vs. Suzuki SV650

Hellgate

I ate a cold sandwich and worked on my "EOB" report that I had been neglecting. EOB = Essence of Business, is that gahy or what???

reiobard

i actually found this comparison between GT650 and SV650....they have all the details and specifications,,,i didnt read it all but i think they are proving that the engines are different.....

Hyosung GT650 vs. Suzuki SV650
i think they are the same in the sense that we say we have the same engine as the R6, some parts are different but the core is the same. The SV's prior to 04 or 05 i can't remember when they re-vamped were Carb'd.