AMA - Opinions?

M

mas4489

AMA - Opinions?

found the American Motorcyclist Association, was curious...
1 - how many people have it
2 - how many people have used it
3 - Is there something better? any bad comments?

looks very similar to AAA with alot of benefits

auniquesoul

Im wondering the same thing, i found this on the site

Why Should You Join The AMA?
The AMA protects your future, keeps you safer--and makes the ride better on the street

Are you in danger from distracted drivers? The AMA is an active participant in the war on distracted driving, including taking part in national summits on the issue. Join today!

Would you like Roadside Assistance for your motorcycles? AMA members enjoy at no additional charge AMA Roadside Assistance, which includes: 
24-hour roadside assistance for your motorcycles and all the rest of your vehicles, including cars, trucks, RVs and trailers. Coverage is included for your spouse and dependent children living at home or away in college. Trip-interruption insurance, limited legal services and more is available. Join today!

Do you ride sportbikes? The insurance industry tried to ban sportbikes before, but the AMA convinced the U.S. senator who introduced their bill that the insurance industry had no proof that sportbikes should be banned. Join today!

Do you like to save money? Gear and parts from Bike Bandit, Garmin GPS systems, SPOT personal communicators, MADMaps, AMA Supercross and Arenacross tickets, along with discounts on rental cars, hotels, and much much more. Click here for a full list. Join today!

Do you ride in High Occupancy Vehicle lanes in larger cities around the country? Though motorcycles were at first banned from HOV lanes, the AMA fought for, and won, the right for motorcyclists to use them as taxpayers whose funds helped build them. Join today!

Do you have heath insurance? The AMA is actively working to make sure that you can’t be denied coverage for injuries from a motorcycle crash. Join today!

Do you like to ride without discrimination? When cities try to ban bikes from streets, the AMA fights back. For example, the AMA successfully turned back proposed bans in Chicago and Delray Beach, Fla. That’s thanks to AMA efforts to get Congress to pass a law barring bike bans on streets built or maintained with federal funds. Join today!

Do you think motorcycles should be singled out by law enforcement? The AMA opposes the discriminatory practice of motorcycle-only traffic checkpoints in New York. The AMA is fighting a federal grant program to expand the program to other states as well. Join today!

Do you want to improve motorcycling safety? Thanks largely to the lobbying efforts of the AMA, the federal government has launched a national study into the causes of motorcycle crashes, the first in three decades. Join today!

Do you believe motorcyclists should be able to modify their machines? New laws in California and elsewhere aim to require stock exhaust systems from the bike’s manufacturer. The AMA works to convince officials that there's a better way to control motorcycle sound. Join today!

Do you think motorcycle engine output should be limited? The insurance industry is pushing for these laws, and others that specify certain types of equipment, like anti-lock brakes. The AMA is fighting back. Join today!

Do you think motorcyclists should have access to liability insurance? There was a time when many insurance companies refused to insure sportbikes. The AMA convinced those companies to drop their blacklists. Join today!

Do you believe in freedom of choice when it comes to safety gear? The AMA believes riders should wear all the safety gear all the time. But the AMA also believes riders -- rather than government -- should make the decision. Join today!

Do you believe motorcycling should be protected? 
The AMA maintains a full-time staff in Ohio, Washington, D.C. and California that works diligently to protect your right to ride. Join today!

Do you like to be entertained and informed on the latest in the world of motorcycling? American Motorcyclist magazine covers all facets of motorcycling, including the most in-depth stories on legislative issues that affect your right to ride and a comprehensive calendar of AMA road-riding and competition events. Join today!

Looking for the latest updates in motorcycling? AmericanMotorcyclist.com is your online source for all things motorcycling, including special members-only content. In addition the members-only AMA Extra e-mail keeps you in the loop. Join today!

Do you enjoy rallies, poker runs, adventure rides and more? The AMA sanctions more than 3,000 road riding and amateur racing events each year. Search for events online or see the calendar section in American Motorcyclist magazine. Join today!

Do you like to ride with friends? Get in touch with fellow riders in one of more than 1,200 AMA-chartered social clubs. Find a club near you. Join today!

Do you like to ride with peace of mind? Optional medical and insurance coverage is available for AMA members participating in sanctioned events. Join today!

Street Riders: Why You Should Join

CrazyCawi

I thought about joining but I wasnt sure if I should or not, like it itd pay off in any way shape or form really

slaythoven

Eh, I joined for the possible benefit of insurance discounts with Allstate and Nationwide, but I ended up going to Rider anyway.

I say it's sort of the bike equivalent to AAA, and the mag they send out monthly is alright; good for a toilet read.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

toastmaster

I joined solely for the roadside assistance. A year of membership was way less than if I had it on my insurance. The great thing is that the RA applies to all your bikes and cars, so you can even take RA off your car insurance as well and save some money there.

The magazine leaves a bit to be desired, and I wish there was a way not to receive it, and to have them apply those cost savings for other purposes.