Am I buying the right sprocket?

dsanchez222

So I've had my bike for a few days now and decided that I don't like having to guess how fast I'm going due to the speedo/gearing being wrong. It was suggested that I upgrade my front sprocket to a +1 (17t). I found a Driven 17t front sprocket on solomotoparts.com, but I'm not sure which one fits the FZ6R. I'm assuming it is the one that is for the FZ6 from '04-'10. Could someone let me know if this sprocket fits out bike so I don't order the wrong one.

Here's a link to the one I'm looking at.
Driven 520 Steel Front Sprocket for FZ6 04-10 - Sprockets - Drive - Street Parts - SoloMotoParts.com - Motorcycle Parts, Accessories and Gear

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Solomotoparts

Hey! Thanks for the referral Martin!

But the FZ6R's chain is actually 520 stock. That sprocket you linked to would be perfect for the 6R, but most people either get stock in the front or -1 (this would increase low end acceleration). The new Evo-spec rear by driven is a great one too, really light for a steel sprocket and plenty of strength too.

What kind of riding do you do mostly? I can try my best to help. Email me for a faster response!

dsanchez222

I was wanting a +1 on the front to compensate for the speedo being wong because of the gearing ratio. Alot of people on the forums were saying by putting a +1 on the front, the speedo will display the proper speed. I'm mostly going to be commuting, but I will do some more aggresive riding when I can find the time.