Am I a terrible person?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

travisH3

I ride everyday i can as long as no rain but im fortunate enough to have a 2010 F350 as my DD and just drive my bike as much as i can to save on diesel fuel. i have the weather on the homepage of my phone so I know what i will be driving. some days i just dont have the energy to ride my bike and would rather not drive on days like that because i wont be 100% focused on the road so i take my truck. also its been over a 100 degrees here a few times and i dont usually ride when its that hot unless i know the bike will be moving. down town in stop and go traffic in 100 degree weather, plus hot cars all around you, and a motor with the heat rising under you isnt very fun.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

travisH3

2009 Yamaha FZ6R~3,200 miles = 1000 miles per year. Wow! :rolleyes:
Bought the bike last Monday from a lady about 50 years old and had some back issue that after she rode a bit she cramped up so I got a killer deal on the bike. I have put 279 miles on it in the past week and the title isn't even back yet and running plates from my old ninja. Haha

My story, I bought my first bike when I was 16, 08 ninja 250r. Learned on it and took the msf course to get my license since I was under 18, rode that for a year and bought a 2007 zx6r lime green since I have been rising quads and dirtbikes and needed more powaaa! Went to get insurance and it was 2000 a year for full coverage and I wasn't doing liability only for a bike I paid 5500 for with only 2500 miles. So I rode it with no insurance until it sold:confused: and didn't ride for a while. Bought a 09 ninja 250 last spring and rode the heck out of it. 20 years old now so i Sold it Friday and bought the fz6r Monday :D, plus insurance isn't as bad on this bike since it isn't a super sport like my zx6r, and my mom said she would put the insurance in both of our names to make it cheaper. Lia. only is 300 and full coverage is almost 800 a year. Haven't decided which one I'm doing yet.

Sorry for the long post, I know I look like the newb here but been on kawi forums for a while so I'm not a complete newb, just a newb to yamaha's haha.

Last edited:

0150r

I would honestly take my car to work if the bike weren't so convenient. Splitting the long line of stopped cars trying to get on to the military base, and then the issue of parking when I get there (they lots of motorcycle parking right up front) are the only two reasons why I ride my bike to work...in fact, those were the only two reasons why I got a bike. I was going to originally just get a scooter, but then I couldn't use the freeway if I had to and the Navy requires the same gear to ride a scooter or sport bike. I enjoyed the bike so much that has become a great way to unwind/relax while cruising the open road for me. For the few days a year it rains in San Diego, I take the car.

You aren't a bad person for not wanting to ride all the time...you need to do what's best for you. If you don't want to do something, it probably won't be fun for you...I'd take the car if that's what you want, and then when you want to ride, it will feel much more free.

6R Blackout

Your not a horrible person now that you will have your car (mighty nice car at that) you will be able to choose and you will find it fun again to ride instead of a chore. Don't make a drastic decision and sell your bike just step back a bit and you will eventually find yourself wanting to ride.

c0dy1287

Every so often I have a day like that, but not too often, then again I'm spoiled by California weather, and being able to take a short canyon ride on the way to work that's actually faster than taking highway to streets (hollywood traffic :mad: ). And if I really want to make it interesting I can leave really early to take a canyon that lets out onto Pacific Coast Highway and take a nice ride before heading to work. Ok I should shut up and stop rubbing that in.

I agree with what others say, just take the break and enjoy that new car of yours, after a little while I'm willing to bet you'll have a moment on the road in the car and you see another bike then you think to yourself with a deep sigh "I wish I was riding my bike". And if you sold it you'd really be kicking yourself when that time comes. :banghead: I personally know this feeling from forced breaks, by that I mean my old ass 80s bike breaks down then it takes me a week to get it taken care of while I go to work in my crappy cage. :( So just enjoy the new ride and don't think about the bike to much, and I think it'll work out =]

WKD

I had a similar problem with the last bike (KLR650), I didn't like taking it to work because it was a pavement run (I didn't want to arrive all muddy and such) and on weekends I have a very needy house and property. Last year I actually didn't ride after the middle of August. After beating myself up over it I decided to re-dedicate myself to riding this year...that wasn't working and then I re-evaluated my ride, bought the 6r because the only time I really have is when I need to go somewhere. I enjoyed the Sport touring style (I had a Kawi ZR7s before) and the smaller 600 is great for shorter local runs and doable for long hauls...so long story short I have put 3300 km on this bike in 2 months and I am loving it. I still use the cage for days like yesterday when the humidity is through the roof or weather is nasty or just when I feel like taking the rust off the brakes. Not saying that this works for everyone but life changes, needs and wants evolve...just go with it and make the best of your life as you go. :thumbup: