Alternative HID lights to DDM

vitrox

just a heads up for others on the fence. I ordered two ddm kits for my 08 yukon. Showed up in less than a week. Came with everything I needed to install them. I've installed a LOT of hid kits in other peoples cars, its one thing I do at work. Anyway, great solid kit, fantastic output, incredibly small balasts. My only grievance is that the balasts had no mounts cast into the case. They only came with double sided tape to mount them.

I ordered the $35 kit btw. +20 for hi/low ability.

72racer

Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

2w05thletes

He's an active members on a lot of motorcycle forums. I sent him a message about the FZ6-R forum so he should be getting back to me soon as I know he has a lot of pm's.
Any word yet Mike!? I'm chomping at the bit but trying to exercise patience...

MikeN02

Here is what he said.
Hey krypton was wondering when you'd be able to stop by the fz6r forums just to inform everyone of how ur bulbs are better than ddm? I know a couple of people who are interested and are waiting on you to confirm some stuff
---End Quote---

Brother, feel free to start a thread and quote anything I, or my customers have said... Unfortunately if I head over there i would be "Spamming" because I am not a paying advertiser. If a regular user is talking about my company though thats a different story.

You can let them all know they can get ahold of me over here, through the contact form on my website, or email me at [email protected]. There is always the phone number too but I work better over the net as I like to give links to products and I dont process orders over the phone anyhow.

I would love to be able to be over there for the people, If you want to give me the exact website(s) I can make a username over there and also help people out via PM but I really wont be posting anything to do with my business in the open forums unless I become a paying sponsor.

On a side note though, it does make it easier on me if they just contact be through one of my available options now as joining more forums means I gotta check them regular too LOL

MikeN02

Also another pm
Oh, I also figured I would mention that I was thinking about this the other day and if/when I am ready to start advertising on more forums I will probably be looking at the FZR forums as I do know word has spread to them and I have made a few sales to them already

2w05thletes

You're on fire Mike, thanks!

MikeN02

Yeah no problem. Just trying to get word around of this guy's products since I know some of you guys had trouble with DDM tuning 3 weeks of no show. Plus he just started his business etc. This also lets people/companies notice the FZ6-R and maybe build some aftermarket stuff.

I know he does projectors for the R6 because he's bought some broken ones and worked on them. I'm going to send my head light in so he can put projectors in because they look sick! With the red angel eyes on a switch. Charges $150 for the kit, but $300 for the kit and install, all I do is send in the headlights and pay for shipping and he'll send it back and pay for shipping.

So in the future he might do some projects with the FZ6-R.

72racer

Elite Member

flyingminno

Just received the kit in the mail today, time to get started. How did you get the center cowling off, the one around the gauges, because I cant seem to get the quick fasteners that are in the top corners...

72racer

Elite Member

flyingminno

Okay this is pretty frustrating. After fussing with the connections for a half hour, I got it to work properly, so i started to zip tie the wires away and such, then decided to test it again and nothing came on. Been attempting to solve it for the past hour with no luck. Ive established that there is power going through from the original headlight connection, because it switches from high to low beam. Another comment, there were two cables coming out of the relay to connect to two ballasts; do i need to ground the second connection?

MikeN02

Okay this is pretty frustrating. After fussing with the connections for a half hour, I got it to work properly, so i started to zip tie the wires away and such, then decided to test it again and nothing came on. Been attempting to solve it for the past hour with no luck. Ive established that there is power going through from the original headlight connection, because it switches from high to low beam. Another comment, there were two cables coming out of the relay to connect to two ballasts; do i need to ground the second connection?
I don't know why you're having trouble as it should be plug and play. If it's the same as the ddm kit (which it should be) You should connect the positive and negative wires to the battery. Plug the connector into the original OEM headlight plug and connect the ballast to each other...

If you have any questions that can't be answered you can always email josh (kryptonbulbs) and I know he'll get back to you asap.

flyingminno

I don't know why you're having trouble as it should be plug and play. If it's the same as the ddm kit (which it should be) You should connect the positive and negative wires to the battery. Plug the connector into the original OEM headlight plug and connect the ballast to each other...

If you have any questions that can't be answered you can always email josh (kryptonbulbs) and I know he'll get back to you asap.
Thanks Mike. Turns out it was a couple of contact issues on the battery red and the grounding, so I was able to sort it out and spent the rest of the evening admiring my new blue light ;)