Alpinestar Stella Tyla jacket and pants review!

Verranth

So, my gf got the A* stella tyle leather jacket and pants on Friday and she tried them on. Apparantly in Europe, they feel that americans are fat bastards or something, cause when she got her stuff, it was kinda small. This girl is skinny, almost Runway skinny, but in Europe they must hold to ungodly standards :p

Anyways, for the real review:

Solid Leather Jacket:
She ordered a size 40 Euro which, according to the A* size chart is supposed to be a 4 US. The inches of circumference indicate about 32-36 in? Anyways, the jacket was good and snug. It fit better without the insulated liner (vest). The padding stayed mostly in place, and she also got the CE back protector (sold seperately) for $30 bucks more. The sides of the jacket are not leather, but allow for some stretch and flex. Though we havent gone on the road (raining) she said it was fairly comfy. The jacket allows for chest pads (some small pads included) but you can opt to buy some CE rated "boob protectors" lol...actually, its really just a chest protector, and i wish more mens jackets had that option. We just have to wear sepearte armor if we want that :p

Leather Pants:
Warning! Not for girls with curves!! Again, she got a size 40Euro and is supposed to be a US size 4. As previously stated, my gf is a 2-4 US. The pants should come with oil or something, cause her butt had a hard time going in. She has ordered the next 2 sizes up. Euro 42 and 44. The pant legs run a little long, but come up enough to make them ok when you are on the bike. The Diadora Donna boots she got went really well with the pants. To her credit, she did manage to suck it in and actually zip up and close everything, but then she was unable to bend or put on her boots. It was hilarious, and I felt ok laughing, cause I know that she knows that I dont think she is a cow.

The quality of the leather and protection is really nice. The leather is a little hard (expected) but seems like it would hold up well. The entire getup looks really hot (my opion).

So, lesson learned, A* girls stuff runs at least 1 size smaller. If you are not a twig like she is, you may want 2 sizes up. Hope this helps the rest of you out :D

jdesiano1

Yeah unfortunately no one knows that real women have curves. All my pants I have to get big in the waist to fit my hips then they gap really bad because they are made for blocks that are one size from bottom to the top!

msgirle

Jdesiano1: I totally relate with you on this one! I am soo the same way! I hate it but curves are good and I'm glad we have them!! LOL!! :)