Almost went down today!!

Mitch21

So me and my mate were riding through the adelaide hills on a great sunny day. It was my first time going through the hills so i was taking it easy but still trying to find my limits. My friend on a hyosung 250 was in front of me when we misjudged a corner and luckily i managed to keep the bike up but my mate come off literally right in front of me. he hit the white lines locked the front and went over went sliding on to the wrong side of the road. Luckily there was no traffic and i managed to miss the sliding bike and my friend whist still trying to get around a sharp corner. I was shitting my self wondering how i managed to survive that and hoping that my friend was ok.

His bike was screwed and needs new fairing, mirror, handle bars, exhaust and footpeg- rear brake assembly. he come out of it with a few scrathes to the legs and a bump to the head. It really hit home how dangerous riding is and how gld i am having protective gear as he was just wearing jeans. I will be definately looking at getting fram sliders after seeing what damage can be done and also some riding boots and some extra armour for when i go through the hills.

In the end glad no one got really injured but definately was an eye opener.

roadrat

Wow glad you guys are OK! We need to hear these stories to keep us careful, alert and defensive riders. I like to wear jeans when I ride too... but I wear these: Draggin' Jeans, and of course armored jacket, boots and gloves.