Almost had a heart attack...

amg14

its the weekend and the weather is great in michigan. translation: ride everywhere. i was coming home from a friend's place on i696 in the fast lane doing 80mph when underneath the car in front of me emerges one of those large black rubber bases to a traffic drum. i wasn't tailgating however at 80, there was only enough time to blink let alone react. nevertheless, i rode right over it; thankfully no problems. as i traveled on, very shaken up as my heart had skipped a beat, i thought about how my tire could have got stuck in it and something horrible could have happened.

so i've learned no to space out distances more and stay out of the middle of my lane in case the cars in front of me are driving over things my fz6r shouldn't.

Attachments

ChUcK

At the risk of sounding callous, Macho Man taught us all that cardiac arrest behind the wheel is a bad thing and should be avoided at all costs. Good thing you avoided both wrecking and heart failure!

I was on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge once and suddenly there's a 4x4 (wood, not Jeep) that everyone is driving over- I had just enough time to remember the "stand up and gun it" rule for unavoidable obstacles.

ChUcK

There's a limit to how far you can stay back, though. At some point people keep pulling into your following space, leading you to fall back farther, and the cycle repeats itself. Then you're just holding up traffic. Delicate balance, what?

Deanohh

At 60 MPH you are covering a distance of 88 feet per second. At 80 you are going 117 ft/sec. How fast is your reaction time?

stuna

There's a limit to how far you can stay back, though. At some point people keep pulling into your following space, leading you to fall back farther, and the cycle repeats itself. Then you're just holding up traffic. Delicate balance, what?
thats city life , then drive in there tire track :surrender:

See red

LOL!!! no but he would have..... My sisters father in law had an actual heart attack on his triumph, and was pissed, cause he had to buy a new seat. He pooped himself. Unless you prefer crapped, or shite himself, what??? It is the truth, try it. go have a heart attack, and tell me if you poop.

amg14

LOL!!! no but he would have..... My sisters father in law had an actual heart attack on his triumph, and was pissed, cause he had to buy a new seat. He pooped himself. Unless you prefer crapped, or shite himself, what??? It is the truth, try it. go have a heart attack, and tell me if you poop.
this traffic drum incident has really spiraled out of control :)