Alarm install location?

DanielW0830

I just bought an FZ6R in October. (Upgraded from Ninja 250) :)
I also bought a passive alarm system (saves 20% on insurance)

I bought a NADY MA-100 off ebay.
Requires only three connections (+, gnd, ignition)
Does have an option to protect seat area as well.
It auto arms when ignition is shut off.

Was wondering if anyone else has an alarm and where is the best place to install it?

Thanks!

Dan.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have an alarm, but I think a really good place for it is under the front fairings. This is where I have my garage remote installed, and it is also where some people have installed the ballasts for HID headlights. It stays pretty well hidden and protected from the elements.

That's just my suggestion though.

xplodnstar

I got a scorpio system and installed it under the seat. The brain is sitting under the bracket for the back seat, which still leaves room for the tool bag.

Bigevildoer

I got a scorpio system and installed it under the seat. The brain is sitting under the bracket for the back seat, which still leaves room for the tool bag.
Exactly where I've got my Gorilla alarm...

Later!

T.

DanielW0830

Bigevildoer

Do you get 20% off where you are?
Actually, I got it for dealer cost with free install when I purchased the bike new. Negotiated it in after telling him I had it down to 2 bikes and was having a tough time deciding.

Bigevildoer

Do you get 20% off where you are?
Ooops... damn.. guess I should have backtracked and read all of the thread again..

No, I don't get 20% off insurance.. wish I did... insurance is STUPID expensive here in Canada... I'm paying $976 a year, 39, no accidents or tickets on record. Sad... worst price I was quoted was, get this, $3600!!!

Later!