Airbox Mod

jcbrown630

Ok so I searched airbox mod and found...... NOTHING! Of course most board search engines aren't the greatest.

As i did with my previous bikes i investigated the restictive nature of the factory airbox and found that the inlet to the airbox under the filter was as small as the crevice tool for my shopvac. Not very conducive to high airflow at all. My solution. Under the air filter on the angled sides of the airbox i dremeled out and area about the size of a deck of cards to let more air in. I still need to get a K&N or BMC to replace the stock filter but for now only 1500mi in I'll wait till this one is a little dirtier. Of course when the throttle opens really wide you can hear the intake nicely too :D

I thought i had heard someone talk about cutting holes in the lid which for most bikes would be right, but this bike the air comes from under and through the filter into the upper chamber and then into the velocity funnels on the intake. So in short cutting the lid will allow dirty in .

MY $ .02

Y

yellowfz

After looking at a spec on the air box I would not put holes in the lid , I would put some in the cavity below the filter though. My $0.2
Of course I am old school so I would want 4 K&Ns . ;-)
I think the OP , just wanted a opinion .