Air filter

A

Atron

Didn`t see posts for this.. even used search... does anyone have k&n airfilter for our bike? i ordered it...

N

nccoder

Yes I have a K&N. You will probably find more about this searching "air box modification" There is a lot of great info and experience on this forum regarding air filters, airbox mods. etc.

Have Fun!
Cliff

Cali rider

Yes I have a K&N. You will probably find more about this searching "air box modification" There is a lot of great info and experience on this forum regarding air filters, airbox mods. etc.

Have Fun!
Cliff
He is asking specifically about the FZ6R. Is that what you own?

C

chimneydoc

I just bought an K&N, but havent installed it yet. I'm going to install it before I go on my summer road trip with my son in Aug.

Doc

A

Atron

sound, performance any difference? mainly i bought it, couse of the durability...supposed to last lifetime of the bike

Tygore1342

Just be careful when it comes time to clean/re-oil the filter. Speaking from experience with a K&N on a 2002 Jetta turbo we used to have, I put too much oil on the filter after cleaning and a bit got sucked up by the turbo and got on the MAF sensor and threw the engine off. Was a rather costly repair. Not too sure if the same thing CAN even happen on the FZ6R or not, but I don't think you'd like to find out while on the road. Less is more when it comes to re-oiling the filter.