AGV K3 Gothic

Xanroth

So, one of my favorite hats. VR graphic for 200.00? I'm down. Drove down to South Bay with the Wife and kid, mind set on buying one...

I grabbed it.. super light, and just as I expected from the revzilla reviews I've been watching. The yellow is a little more... caution yellow than I would like.. but hey, whatever...

But, I didnt buy it.

I dont know if it was that helmet (considering I had him get a L from the back) -- But the shitty fricking visor pops open easier than a thai hooker... I was so, so very dissapointed. Then the salesman (who I've always bought my stuff from) told me that the K3 is AGV's mass produced piece of shit -- that isnt actually made in Italy, but China -- they just sell a lot because poor suckers like me love VR graphics for 200.00

So I walked.

Now, I dont know what to do. This hat buying stuff sucks. The only other one I liked (and was in price range) was the new Icon Alliance "Guardian" helmet.

I dunno what to do =( It was so easy picking the bike (orange and black are the obviously superior colors anyways) -- But ive been stuck on this helmet buying thing for 2 months.

*cry*

Wooster

I got the same bike and I think this helmet matches up good with it. It's more than I want to spend, but I'm eventually going to get it.

Attachments

CrazyCawi

So, one of my favorite hats. VR graphic for 200.00? I'm down. Drove down to South Bay with the Wife and kid, mind set on buying one...

I grabbed it.. super light, and just as I expected from the revzilla reviews I've been watching. The yellow is a little more... caution yellow than I would like.. but hey, whatever...

But, I didnt buy it.

I dont know if it was that helmet (considering I had him get a L from the back) -- But the shitty fricking visor pops open easier than a thai hooker... I was so, so very dissapointed. Then the salesman (who I've always bought my stuff from) told me that the K3 is AGV's mass produced piece of shit -- that isnt actually made in Italy, but China -- they just sell a lot because poor suckers like me love VR graphics for 200.00

So I walked.

Now, I dont know what to do. This hat buying stuff sucks. The only other one I liked (and was in price range) was the new Icon Alliance "Guardian" helmet.

I dunno what to do =( It was so easy picking the bike (orange and black are the obviously superior colors anyways) -- But ive been stuck on this helmet buying thing for 2 months.

*cry*

I have the K2 gothic and the helmet is the best I have every had. (Scorpion exo 700, scorpion exo 1000, bell vortex, Shoei 1000).....and second off why the hell would you let a counter jockey tell you its a cheap production helmet...because its not. The k2 and k3 are excellent helmets. You got swooned by a shoei/arai whore I'm sure. Who gives a damn if its made in china or not....they get tested and all function on the same level. If it fit and you liked it you were foolish to let someone sway you. Its okay, I remember my first beer.

Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I rock a Shoei RF1000. It was a hand-me-down from the ex, but it's a pretty darn good helmet. As is my wont, I'm looking for more. It's several years old, it's a hand me down, blah blah.

With the FZ6R the wind noise is high, AND I've possibly got a large quarterly bonus coming from work... SO. I've been researching. The RF1100 seems pretty good. Increased airflow, better aerodynamics. Unfortunately, with increased airflow comes increased noise. So how about the Shoei Qwest?

Supposedly more quiet, but reduced airflow sucks down here in the South. The Shoei X-Twelve? Sure, If I want to drop close to a grand on a high-airflow, loud ass lid.

So I'm looking at Arai. Maybe I can afford one of their bottom end models. More research.

The moral? You tried it, you didn't like it, you made the right choice. More research.
Im sorry...I took it as though he did his research and was in love with the helmet till someone told him it was a cheap junker

Xanroth

My first hint of dissatisfaction with the helmet came when I stated that I did not like how the visor closed on the helmet. His insight on it being made in China didnt sway me, nor did he try and move me over to the Arai/Shoei helmets. I was stuck on the gothic, the freedom scorpion 1100exo, and icon airframe guardian, and the celebr8 k3.

I'm well aware of the outstanding quality said to be had with the k3's, so don't get all hostile on me just because I said your helmets have a visor that, in my opinion, opens way, way to easily. I mean, sure, its nice when I need to stop and take my visor up.. But I can see myself turning my head at any speed over 45 and that thing flying up.. which is not good.

And I neglected to state how silly this guy was when he told me "It's not even SNELL approved... I have 80.00 helmets that provide more protection than that k3" --

I didnt want to embarrass him and get all ECE 22.05 on his ass.

So yeah, go pull that thong out of yer butt dude! :rant:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Whoa. Got angst?
he was directing that towards me. I want to restate I have the K2 NOT the K3 but I was speaking of the quality of my helmet compared to so many others. And when I said the Shoei Arai whores, I meant the jack wagon who knows a helmet by name not by protection. If you wanna go all technically, statistics show the Bell helmets offer the most protection per dollar you spend on a helmet. I was stating that I hope the jackwagon wasnt what swayed you, that it was your own descision. My only problem with the k2 is that when the visor is UP....it wants to drop down at high speed(80+) which is usually my speed range....but I never have it up unless its evening and even then I have had it come down maybe once while riding since end of august and into this season.

I hope you get the helmet that makes you happy. Id maybe try some other AGV's....maybe even a K2. You know some companies like revzilla you can buy a helmet and if it doesnt fit send it back and you get a different one at no cost to you?

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Xanroth

Yea i know revzillas policy on helmets, but im not a very patient peson at all. I see something, i want it. Kinda how i have a fz6rdownstairs lol. Go to a shop and lift the visor up and down, trust me lol, youre going to be like wtf? I dunno what im going to do. I cant afford a shoei. I like arai, but cant afford that either obviously. I have like a 350.00 limit, and im lucky i have that haha.

If youre reading this and can think of some sub 300 badass helmets, throw up some pics! I mean i know there is a dream helmet thread but /shrug.

Cc, youre an angry person ;) but i understand lok

Xanroth

Buzz - cyclegear works deals out with the milfitaty and they even have one here on base, but the prices they offer just dont do it for me. But good to know about the policy tho.

Oh and is it true you cannot change out the cheek liners in a k3? Does anyone here even own a k3?