Aftermarket Center Stand now available

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

bmw675

did they tell you this through a email inquiry. i hope its true b/c earlier in october they told me it would be late november.
i need something to do over winter...

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I found it by visiting Twisted Throttle. I just asked the site to show me what fits the wife's FZ6R and that came up as available for sale. :D

Heineken

Elite Member

bmw675

I found it by visiting Twisted Throttle. I just asked the site to show me what fits the wife's FZ6R and that came up as available for sale. :D
ok just making sure. someone on here posted back in late august/early sept. that they ordered one and they told them it was on back order. cant wait until they have them in stock.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I was going to order one for the wife's bike.... she said "Why? You HAVE the hoist in the garage so use it!"

It was then that the two words to a successful relationship came out........

"Yes Dear!" ;)

I was going to order one for the wife's bike.... she said "Why? You HAVE the hoist in the garage so use it!"

"Yes Dear!" ;)
LMAO ain't that the truth!

bmw675

"Yes Dear!" ;)
that would probably explain why i have been single for quite some time.
oh well, at least it gives me extra money to do whatever/whenever.
:)

Heineken

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

Heineken

Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
If it isn't too much trouble would you be so kind and take a pic of the hoist, I'm just curios how you mounted it on the beam and if you reinforced the beam or not.
Thank you in advance. :D
Sure! I actually had a couple pics of it on the server. I did not reinforce the rafters. These are loft rafters, 24" in center. I did do a deflection test using a 2x4 as a story board. After mounting the hoist, I stood the 2x4 on the floor and marked it at the bottom of the beam. I then hoisted her V Star 650 as it was the heaviest bike I had but just enough to clear the floor. I marked the 2x4 again. The deflection was 3/16ths of an inch and it didn't even creek once. :D Perfect!

So, mounting...

(4) 6" long pieces of 4" aluminum angle iron
(4) 3/4" bolts with washers, locking washers and nuts.
(4) 2" U-Bolts
(1) 4' piece of galvanized steel 2" pipe

I sandwiched two rafters with the angle and drilled 3/4" holes, two per. I bolted these to the rafters. Then I marked and drilled the holes for the U-Bolts and loosely attached them. I loosely attached the brackets on the hoist and pulled that up with a rope then took the pipe and a step ladder, slid the pipe through the U-Bolts, then through the brackets and through the second set of U-Bolts. Tightened it all down and tested. Here's a pic...

Attachments

Heineken

Elite Member

xplodnstar

"Yes Dear!" ;)
Just remember: Happy wife, happy life.

:p

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

Heineken

Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

Heineken

Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Sweet!!

Just got the SW-Motech stand in today. I'll try to make time Saturday to install it. I'm going to take the time and do a "how to" on it. Not sure if it's necessary, I looked over the installing instruction and everything is explained in great detail. Just can't wait to get it on, because btw I just got my white reflective wheel stripes from Dustan Graffix; and after the center stand is on the wheel stripes are next :p ....... Today was a good day :wav::wav:

I'm not sure I'll need to hoist if I have the center stand but I might be wrong.

FZ1inNH what do you think? Is it still worth it to get the hoist, witch is at an awesome price, if I got the center stand?
Excellent! Please do the How-to regardless of the instructions. It helps build the site! :D

Do you still have the stock exhaust? Wondering how this fits on both a stock exhaust as well as one of the aftermarket exhausts. ;)

As for the hoist? With the center stand, you can do a LOT without a hoist so the likelihood of needing it is greatly reduced. With the center stand and a block to prop the front (should you need to work on the front), you can get by without the hoist and without paddock stands. I do almost all my work on the FZ1 with the center stand only. :D