Advanced riders course :thumbup:

Mitch21

For those who live down under, I'm asking for some advice on the advanced riders course so I can finally get rid of those dodgy L plates. I'm booked in for the end of October and wouldnt mind some pointers to put my mind at ease.

I'm not to sure if it's the same course around Aus like it is in SA. But really anything will help.

Cheers guys

popeye

Hi mate
As far as i know no advance course required in Vic.

Learners test ,minimum 3 months after Ps (probationary) test and one year later full license (no test required)

The Ps is basically 3 exercises one left turn ,one right turn both within marked lines at aprox 35 kph ,the third exercise is an emergency swerve repeated three times random left or right and an emergency stop.

Pass that and your done .You stay on restrictions for a year (LAMS bike ,Zero alcohol and no pillion) and then you receive your full licence in the mail.

If you already have a full car drivers licence you do not have to display a P plate .

Thats all i can tell you ,not sure what SA or the rest of OZ requires

Good luck anyway

dcBear78

Hi mate
As far as i know no advance course required in Vic.

Learners test ,minimum 3 months after Ps (probationary) test and one year later full license (no test required)

The Ps is basically 3 exercises one left turn ,one right turn both within marked lines at aprox 35 kph ,the third exercise is an emergency swerve repeated three times random left or right and an emergency stop.

Pass that and your done .You stay on restrictions for a year (LAMS bike ,Zero alcohol and no pillion) and then you receive your full licence in the mail.

If you already have a full car drivers licence you do not have to display a P plate .

Thats all i can tell you ,not sure what SA or the rest of OZ requires

Good luck anyway
QLD is pretty much the same. You do need to repeat the test for an R class licence on an appropriate bike. My test consisted of finding a quiet street, u-turn, emergency stop then a 5 minute ride around town. Same when I did my unrestricted test.

Or you can go to Q-Ride for the day and pay 6 times as much, but no doubt learn more. I took the cost savings and life experience option.