About to pull the trigger

Spawn316

Bought mine for $7284 OTD.

The best thing to do is to handle it just like financing a car: get your financing before you go. I don't waste time haggling. Walk into the dealership and say this is what I got, take it or leave it. How the dealer responds will make the decision for you. Repeat until you find a dealer that takes your offer.

I pretended to be a noob when I was looking for info on the bike, but I found the bike I liked and got into pricing with the salesman just to see what he'd quote me. After extended warranty and prepaid service, he had me at $8400 OTD. When I came back with my financing, he immediately dropped me down to $7800 OTD, and I left. The next dealer I went to took my deal.

dblakeman

I bought mine at I75 Yamaha just south of Lexington KY. If you are anywhere close it would be worth the deal. The price out the door from cycletrader $6190, you register and title it and final price would be about $6700 based on 7% sales tax.

fz6r rider

im very upset because mine was 9000 out the door with warranty tire plan service plan helmet and gloves. I just moved to florida and went to a yami dealer down here and there going for 5300 which would come out to 7300 after everything (helmet gloves warranty tire program service program) but I also bought mine the day it came out.

spacemonkey

whack... mine was 9200 so upsetting...

neshi

Just paid for mine! $6900 out the door :rockon:

Thank you guys and especially phocoyote7 who showed me the eBay posting

Played the two local dealerships against each other with my mom in one store and me in the other just going back and forth until one went to 6900 with yama sliders install first service and the other fees they like to charge!

I paid 5800 for the bike!

Anybody in new york want to ride in august after i come back from vacation send me an email [email protected]

Once again thanks guys!

neshi

Ok just got my bike today! put 30 something miles on it to see how it feels to me as an owner not a shopper!

The bike feels so good wish I lived in NJ or Long Island though did not really get to open her up.

The only down side I can see from the bike it does not tolerant of a cruiser riders clutch hand! stalled out 3 times when trying to pull out of a stop light.

Once I worked that out I was good Man I love this bike! :Sport::blowkiss:

I know what you mean about stalling it. I was at a stop sign on a slight hill and I stalled it 6 times before I got it going.

neshi

This is the firs set of good picks of my bike!

The only MOD "Air Quotes" so far is the tomtom gps

Also will be adding frame sliders the came with the bike once I come back from vacation!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
:eek:
Holy big pictures, Batman!

I'm just playing. Nice bike and nice pics. You will love riding this bike more each time you get on it!

Enjoy and ride safe!

neshi

Slimmed the pics down a bit.

Great thing about owning the hosted server is you can do what ever you want!

Last edited:

neshi

:eek:
Holy big pictures, Batman!

I'm just playing. Nice bike and nice pics. You will love riding this bike more each time you get on it!

Enjoy and ride safe!
Ya I know I just got it last week and i've hit 500 Miles already!

oyamyers

Congrats!!! enjoy the ride!!!

xplodnstar

May I ask why you chose the white? Not criticizing, mind you, but most guys are afraid of the pretty vines on the decal. Were you planning on taking those off?

BTW, good choice! :thumbup:

neshi

May I ask why you chose the white? Not criticizing, mind you, but most guys are afraid of the pretty vines on the decal. Were you planning on taking those off?

BTW, good choice! :thumbup:
I was planning on the black then i relay saw the white! It was like buy me with the googlie spinning eyes and I was stuck.

I don't mind the purple coming through the bike! Its my moms favorite color and reminds me of her.

Funny note when I got it home my wife was like why in gods name did you buy me one of these things!

Took a while for her to understand that this is her rival not a gift.

xplodnstar

Fair enough. Thank you for sharing. She is quite a beauty.