About to pull the trigger

joloy133

White bikes are cool actually............if you like it then go.........I was trying to figure out how to get the white bike and change the decals or add to it, etc. Opted for yellow since my son 's in the Army, to match his decal. Nice bike!!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Took a while for her to understand that this is her rival not a gift.
That's the greatest!!! ::rof::rof::rof::rof:

SoulRider

I just got back from the big dealership out in Covina. They have the most insane markups on the new FZ6R! $600! Plus another $600! They claim they have to fully assemble the front end! Can anyone confirm that this bike needs extensive assembly when it arrives in its crate?

So they are having a sale and advertising a price of $5999. But after the huge fees, taxes, license (which are VERY high here in CA now) the OTD gets up to about $7800. It's not always fair to compare OTD prices as CA's are going to include 9.25% taxes and higher registration fees.
What was silly was they said they couldn't give me less than a 10% discount on the new gear I would want. I don't want to ride a white or yellow FZ6R with my Kawasaki green! LOL

Guess I'll be trying the place near my work where they said $7299 OTD. If they can give me a discount on new gear I'll be letting the forum know.

neshi

I just got back from the big dealership out in Covina. They have the most insane markups on the new FZ6R! $600! Plus another $600! They claim they have to fully assemble the front end! Can anyone confirm that this bike needs extensive assembly when it arrives in its crate?

So they are having a sale and advertising a price of $5999. But after the huge fees, taxes, license (which are VERY high here in CA now) the OTD gets up to about $7800. It's not always fair to compare OTD prices as CA's are going to include 9.25% taxes and higher registration fees.
What was silly was they said they couldn't give me less than a 10% discount on the new gear I would want. I don't want to ride a white or yellow FZ6R with my Kawasaki green! LOL

Guess I'll be trying the place near my work where they said $7299 OTD. If they can give me a discount on new gear I'll be letting the forum know.

Don't know a bout the build costs!

In NYC we have an 8.375% tax so you should be paying about $60 more in taxes if you want you can chip away at the dealer fees by having a private party deliver the bike to you and doing the registration your self!

In NY We have a $50 title fee a $14 registration fee & a $7.50 Plate fee usually dealers will tell you they will do this for you and charge you an extra $200:eek: for the service!

As always when talking to your dealer talk in out the door price as then you have an even slate when comparing shops as dealer fees from one to the other may be different!

You may also consider purchasing the bike in a state or even county that has a lower sales tax you will still have to pay the difference in tax prices when you go to register it in calli but offsetting some of the now price for up to 60 days depending on where you buy will be helpful!(New york gives out of stat buyers a 20 day temp!) good luck and be safe!

Last edited:

SoulRider

IN Ca we cannot register new, out of state bikes, which means we can't take advantage of most low priced eBay sales, as they are almost always out of state. When buying a new bike here you have to pay DMV and licensing fees at the point of sale. We also have a 9.25% tax rate in L.A.! No sense in driving 250 miles to get a rate .5% lower on a $7000 bike.

Plus Sacramento just raised all the license fees.

And I looked and saw that you can't peel the feminine graphics off the white FZ6R...They are clearcoated over. They wanted to protect the tanks graphics, which they don't even have on the yellow ones! My tank bag didn't cover them enough...

Has anyone fitted a tank bra on their white bike? Does it cover the vines enough so that I get a more masculine and subtle look to the white bike???

neshi

IN Ca we cannot register new, out of state bikes, which means we can't take advantage of most low priced eBay sales, as they are almost always out of state. When buying a new bike here you have to pay DMV and licensing fees at the point of sale. We also have a 9.25% tax rate in L.A.! No sense in driving 250 miles to get a rate .5% lower on a $7000 bike.

Plus Sacramento just raised all the license fees.

And I looked and saw that you can't peel the feminine graphics off the white FZ6R...They are clearcoated over. They wanted to protect the tanks graphics, which they don't even have on the yellow ones! My tank bag didn't cover them enough...

Has anyone fitted a tank bra on their white bike? Does it cover the vines enough so that I get a more masculine and subtle look to the white bike???
Wow the Gov. Swartz really stuck it to you guys! IMO I have the white bike and I love it as is! Even if I did not my bike is covered when its not being ridden and I'm hardly looking at it when I ride. Also the from what ive seen on the market the purple would peek through what they have!