A reason to step up.....

joloy133

I was riding today in 'Dawgs turf and enjoyed the great Napa weather. Absolutely having a blast, just getting away from stuff, when reflecting on my ride it hit me.......what is missing? I did a rip getting back on the freeway waiting for a car to pass then move left and go.........it's the roll on acceleration at speed, no afterburner, thats where we need the extra ponies! It's a minor quibble, but thats what I'd want in the next bike.

ksanbon

I agree! The power is adequate, but I find 4th gear is too low & 5th's too high for me to get any kind of rush when merging.

Mart Man FZ6R

This is where I think Yamaha could hit a home run with a FZ8R. Give us the looks of our bike with an 800cc motor FTW. Not the overkill of a modern litre bike, but plenty of umph in the midrange where we need it.

joloy133

This is where I think Yamaha could hit a home run with a FZ8R. Give us the looks of our bike with an 800cc motor FTW. Not the overkill of a modern litre bike, but plenty of umph in the midrange where we need it.
I'll be lookin, pics out now are positive.

Roaddawg

I was riding today in 'Dawgs turf and enjoyed the great Napa weather. Absolutely having a blast, just getting away from stuff, when reflecting on my ride it hit me.......what is missing? I did a rip getting back on the freeway waiting for a car to pass then move left and go.........it's the roll on acceleration at speed, no afterburner, thats where we need the extra ponies! It's a minor quibble, but thats what I'd want in the next bike.
Wish I could have went with ya. I was off today, but didn't make any plans. Just sent you a PM.

Roaddawg

That would be sweet! They could have the FZ6R, FZ8R, and FZ1R....a middle ground series of bikes between super sports and sport tourers.

Halon

I agree I want more peak power in higher gears but I merge in 3rd and get where I need to be, easy. This bike is basically perfect for what I NEED, but in regards to what I WANT... I agree I wish we had more power.

I was thinking, if our bike is outfitted with a 04 or so retuned r6 motor... Couldn't I just buy an 04 r6 motor and install it? Wouldn't the mounting points be the same? If someone wanted to keep this bike and boost the output, and cost wasn't a factor anyhow.

joloy133

I agree I want more peak power in higher gears but I merge in 3rd and get where I need to be, easy. This bike is basically perfect for what I NEED, but in regards to what I WANT... I agree I wish we had more power.

I was thinking, if our bike is outfitted with a 04 or so retuned r6 motor... Couldn't I just buy an 04 r6 motor and install it? Wouldn't the mounting points be the same? If someone wanted to keep this bike and boost the output, and cost wasn't a factor anyhow.
Original engine was lethargic down low and wouldn't come alive till it hit higher revs. Thats why ours is a great all-arounder but the compromise was at the top end I believe.

btastarsky

It surprises me that no one has has thought of just adding bigger pistons and cams to our bike. I know that Wiseco makes a big bore kit that fits the R6 and FZ6. It would probably fit with our bikes too I would imagine. Perhaps an extra 37cc and some custom cams would wake this bike up more on top without us losing the low/midrange grunt that we already have. Just some food for thought. I think I may email Wiseco and see what they think.

Mart Man FZ6R

It surprises me that no one has has thought of just adding bigger pistons and cams to our bike. I know that Wiseco makes a big bore kit that fits the R6 and FZ6. It would probably fit with our bikes too I would imagine. Perhaps an extra 37cc and some custom cams would wake this bike up more on top without us losing the low/midrange grunt that we already have. Just some food for thought. I think I may email Wiseco and see what they think.
Maybe not a bad idea. I had a '78 Kawasaki KZ650 that I put a MTC 740cc kit in. Boy did that thing some low / midrange power. My buddy and my dad both had KZ1000's and my bike would walk there's up to about 105 MPH. By this point the cc's would pull me. Even from a rolling 55 (that was the max speed limit at the time) in 5th gear with just roll on, the 650 would pull away. That bike surprised alot of people.

I'd think the biggest hurdle in doing our bikes would be getting the fuel injection programmed properly. Bet it would be fun though.

WenMark

That's my thoughts exactly. They could offer 3 different versions (naked, 1/2 & Fully faired. Still have to change that ugly muffler that is a site. I can't believe anyone approved that hideous thing. Maybe that is what is coming out next year. We will see.

joloy133

When you think about it, there probably will be a GYTR exhaust for our bikes with in house R/D! Hope they make it look desirable.