A not very talked about situation

Wooster

For those of you who have young children and don't want to put them or yourself through this whole loan issue, I suggest you get them involved in sports ASAP. It doesn't really matter what sport or if they are male or female. There are so many scholarships and grants out there available to the student athlete. I've been through the system myself as a player and coach and I've seen it first hand. Hell even if you are not that good of a player there are still schools out there willing to throw you some money. People seem to forget that its not just the large D1 schools who have scholarships. Junior College's, NAIA, D2 and even some D3 schools have money to play with. The key is to not sit back and hope that a school calls you. You need to start building your kid an "athletic resume" and get it out to schools while he/she is in high school, just like you would do for applying for a job.

As a parent it takes a lot of commitment and money now to get them involved in a sport where this would be successful, but in the long run it will pay off.

Last edited:

CrazyCawi

It's a starting position at a golf course. The pay starts at $8 and grows to $12+ in 3 or 4 years.

I also hate school. And personally I would rather do manual labor all my life. I hate being stuck in a building all day. I just think school is a waste of time and money for me.
maybe its best if yo hold off for a while and when you grow up a little bit more(not meant in a condescending way) you will know better what suits you. Some people are happy making $10-12 an hour for a living. I myself cant fathom that.

I make $15.62 before comission and its hard enough as it is....

bmw675

I agree with what cc is saying. $10-12/hour may sound like good money to you right now, but I wouldn't be satisfied if that is where i seen myself 3-4 years down the road. that doesn't buy you much, no matter what your cost of living is in your area.

If you really do like manual labor (my job ventures into that area a little as well), there are much better opportunities for you out there.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member