A Love Letter

buzzbomb

Elite Member

danieljardim

The fz6r is my first bike. I've being riding my brother in law honda magna for the past year and I was always looking for the ninja 650 as my first bike. I didnt even know fz6r existed. One day looking on craigslist I came across a fz8 add and decided to look on the yamaha website and found the fz6r. Love it. I was between the ninja, hyousung and yamaha. Looking the insurance side ninja=1200, hyosung=couldn't get a online quote, yamaha=300, was a no brainer. Bought the yamaha. Took to work for the first time today. AWESOME.

dekaliber

The FZ6R is a great bike. I love the GSX-R I just bought, but the FZ6R was definitely a much more well-rounded machine.

I rode my friend's ‘07 Ninja 650R yesterday for another friend who just bought it from him. It just didn't feel as *right* as the FZ6R. The handlebars were just not quite at the right angle, the transmission felt vague, the power delivery wasn’t as smooth, the seat wasn’t as comfortable…I could go on.

The GSX-R is better in every way except comfort. The overall ergonomics are obviously more demanding with a sportbike, but the suspension is also much stiffer even on stock settings, and the seat is of course harder, but not nearly as bad as a Daytona or R6. The power definitely gets your attention though, and I love even just the stock exhaust note.

Hopefully the new owner enjoys the FZ6R as much as I did.