A leisurely sunday drive

AngryAnt

Ok, so yesterday, it took me ALL day, but I hit 597 miles, found my way down to auto zone, bought 3 quarts of Mobile 4T full synthetic oil, and did my oil change. Took my brother and 3 hours worth of cursing to get that stock oil filter off, but its done.

Now today, I loaded up my nephews birthday present, and rode out to his party about 40 miles away. After the oil change, I noticed the shifting was smoother, especially down shifting didn't feel as 'clunky'. Maybe it was in my head, but it seemed like the engine ran cooler too. I was running about 185 C when I'm usually running at least 200 C just a couple days ago, and the temperature was about the same.

So I started out with my new oil change, I have my new Bell Vortex and Transition shield I've just had a few days, and I finally found my lost cramp buster that I lost and never tried. I round the first corner, and grin as a beautiful monarch butterfly flutters, and BOOM, splat across my new shield.

I grumble, and continue on. My new helmet does seem a good bit more aerodynamic. I didn't feel like my head was going to get wrenched off when I looked behind me. I do *love* me some transition shield though.

I can't say I'm a fan of the cramp buster though. About half my trip was on the interstate, and it was great for that, but the other half it felt in the way, and was on there too tight to just take off and put on while riding. I think I might invest in one of those Vista-Cruise devices somebody mentioned.

The fun part? I hit the interstate, hit a very small patch where I know no cop could be hiding, and earned my triples. Hit 106 before I decided the cross winds were a bit scary for me (there was a storm approaching, probably not the best time to try it.)

So yeah, earned my triples today for the first time, new oil change, and got to try out my new helmet / shield / cramp buster on a longer trip (outside of town at least). I also decided I hate soft bags, as the way to my brothers house my bags straps wouldn't stay tightened and one side got awful close to touching the wheel (I had my nice camera in one side only), and then on the way back I was headed through rain, so I put on the rain covers that almost flow off, exposing my nice camera to rain :(

Can't wait until Christmas when my wife promised me givi's....lol...

AngryAnt