A Good Reason To Pony Up For Brand Name Parts

Brock Kickass

I posted the following on another forum where I hang out. It's a duplicate because I am too lazy to type the story all over again:
I have been guilty more than once of buying a Chinese knockoff part to save some dough. I'm glad, however, that I bought a Yoshimura slip on. I noticed while washing my bike that one of the retention springs was missing from my exhaust. I looked up contact infor for Yoshimura on their website because I had no idea where to even look for this item. I emailed and told them I was missing a spring. Within 30 minutes, and without asking where I bought the part, or how long I've had the part, they emailed back and asked for my mailing address. When I gave them the info, they responded immediately and told me a replacement spring is on the way. No fuss, no muss. I know it's an inexpensive part, but the service is impressive all the same.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

linkgt

Good point jacob. It's hard to get away with it though when buying smaller items like flushmounts or mirrors.

linkgt

damn man that is pretty awesome on yoshi's part!!!
as far as wheelers go though yoshi's are just for looks though :rolleyes:
I came up to this sportbike rider on the parkway the other day and I could barely hear that thing! (he had yoshi on). I didn't see a silencer or anything.. but my tbr was much louder and sounded better... maybe im just biased :)

Brock Kickass

As I said, I'm guilty of it too. I would love all Rizoma parts on my bike, but that's almost $1000 across my handlebar alone! I know I'm going to regret it when I lose some useless part from one of my levers, though. Just toss it and buy a new one at that point. Sure did appreciate the service from Yoshi, though. Figured the least I could do was share.

Brock Kickass

I came up to this sportbike rider on the parkway the other day and I could barely hear that thing! (he had yoshi on). I didn't see a silencer or anything.. but my tbr was much louder and sounded better... maybe im just biased :)
I bought the Yoshi because it's quiet. The R-77 is the EPA compliant model. I like the sound of a loud bike, but I just don't want one for myself. I like to stay low-pro when I can.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

linkgt

I bought the Yoshi because it's quiet. The R-77 is the EPA compliant model. I like the sound of a loud bike, but I just don't want one for myself. I like to stay low-pro when I can.
That's what i figured. I think this dude had one of those EPA compliant models too. Looked like it.