A building for motorcyclists

FitZ6R

Cool article on a ride-in apartment building. Note that some content on the site may not be appropriate for work or kids.

A building for motorcyclists

Last edited:

travstoll

I love modern architecture. I am just finishing up my bachelor's in electrical engineering in the next couple months and then I plan to study architecture. i would love to be able to design and build my own house someday.

MikeN02

I love modern architecture. I am just finishing up my bachelor's in electrical engineering in the next couple months and then I plan to study architecture. i would love to be able to design and build my own house someday.
Would love to build my own house too... actually to own my house also! Go to IKea etc sometimes to see what I would like to add to my own home.

FitZ6R

i would love to be able to design and build my own house someday.
That's on my Life List too. I've done some of just about every aspect of residential constuction: foundation, framing, roofing, plumbing, wiring, interior. All I need is sufficient time, space, energy, and money to put it all together!

travstoll

That's on my Life List too. I've done some of just about every aspect of residential constuction: foundation, framing, roofing, plumbing, wiring, interior. All I need is sufficient time, space, energy, and money to put it all together!
I have been on this green kick lately...especially housing and energy.

I recently designed and prototyped an automated greenhouse controller, currently being tested. Since then, its been my passion.

Shipping container houses is what have really caught my eye. There are hundreds of thousands of empty shipping containers just sitting at our ports right now because of the global economy. What better to do than recycle them. Check this site out. Some design concepts in place around the world. If I can, that is the type of house I would like to build.

pyrocpu

Shipping container houses is what have really caught my eye. There are hundreds of thousands of empty shipping containers just sitting at our ports right now because of the global economy. What better to do than recycle them. Check this site out. Some design concepts in place around the world. If I can, that is the type of house I would like to build.
Interesting you mention that; I understand that at Ground Zero (where WTC buildings used to be), there are a couple of shipping containers, welded together, and that's where the "cafeteria" is for the construction workers. Every time a new level gets completed for the building, the shipping container goes up a level. Totally modular!