9 day bike vacation

oorgle

Can't wait. in 2 weeks i take off for vacation. I live near SF and i'm going to ride down to San Diego. I think I'm going to follow highway 1 for as long as it stays interesting then cut back to normal roads. i'm planning on taking 2-3 days to do the ride so i can take lots of breaks and sight see. I did this ride last year in a straight shot and it took me 14 hours (ugh).

When i get down to SD i am meeting up with a buddy who has a ducati monster and he's going to take me out and show me some back roads. He has been collecting routes for when i come down :D . All in all I'll be gone 9 days and will be putting 2-3000 miles on the bike. my body is going to be wrecked when i get back but it will be so worth it.

anyone know of any cool spots to stop and check out between SF and SD? or roads i should check out ?

CrazyCawi

Can't wait. in 2 weeks i take off for vacation. I live near SF and i'm going to ride down to San Diego. I think I'm going to follow highway 1 for as long as it stays interesting then cut back to normal roads. i'm planning on taking 2-3 days to do the ride so i can take lots of breaks and sight see. I did this ride last year in a straight shot and it took me 14 hours (ugh).

When i get down to SD i am meeting up with a buddy who has a ducati monster and he's going to take me out and show me some back roads. He has been collecting routes for when i come down :D . All in all I'll be gone 9 days and will be putting 2-3000 miles on the bike. my body is going to be wrecked when i get back but it will be so worth it.

anyone know of any cool spots to stop and check out between SF and SD? or roads i should check out ?
not to many strip joints on the way sadly

but great scenery if you watch out toward the right hand side

See red

I don't know anywhere in Cali. to ride, haven't spent much time. But it sounds like a nice trip. Try heading through Washington and head west next time. It is flat out awe inspiring, but I like not having humans around when givin the chance.

oorgle

haven't been up north yet. got on the freeway one day with the semi random idea of going to oregon.. unfortunately it was the middle of winter and i froze before i hit the state line.

I plan on hitting up every state on a bike if i can at some point

so itching for 9 days of freedom (and warm so-cal weather). gonna have the gopro and my laptop with me so i can record as much as possible.