3200 Miles and No Services Done

buzzbomb

Elite Member

roadrat

The oil changes are the most important in my opinion... I've come to believe these bikes are tough as nails.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Fizzer6R

oh no, your bikes is now a ticking time-bomb and completely not safe. since i'm close, i'll be right over to take it away and spare your life. you can thank me later

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Rawknrohl

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I didn't take my bike in for a service until well after 3000 miles. Just changed the oil several times while I broke it in. When I did take it in the dealer didn't do much besides take a bunch of my money. And get grease all over my instrument cluster. I guess they got carried away when they lubed my levers.
The one time I brought mine to the dealer was just a quick look over 1k miles after I bought it, all they did was change my tire pressure to a wildly inappropriate psi, and scold me for "daring to change my own oil and service the bike at home", oh and somehow put a nick in the top of my right hand bar riser. Also that took exactly one hour apparently at over $100 an hour. Bleh good reminder of why no one every touches my vehicles but me. Six hours spent scrubbing myself with steel wool while fetal position crying in the corner of the bathroom and I still felt dirty. Yes, it's true...I was raped by my dealership.:surrender:

Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

KeysRider3

Lubrication, lubrication, lubrication. You may want to check the color of your brake fluid too if the bike "sat" for a while. Congrats on the bike, and "the purchase process".

FitZ6R

Like everyone has said, no big. Check the crucial stuff like tires, brakes, and chain. The bike probably wasn't stored proerply, but if it started right up, sounds like no major harm was done.

So, the seller is hot, eh? Hope you didn't overpay b/c of that, but at least you have her email! :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member